CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

So I watched Game 2 of the Spanish Finals. Barcelona got destroyed from wire to wire (31-10 in the first quarter) and Hezonja didn't get to do much. 1-2 from the 3 pt land and some nice entry passes. A dumb turnover in the 3rd quarter and then didn't play in the 4th.

Sergio Llull was like a man possessed and Real had one of the best 3 pt shooting games I've ever seen.

Doellman was the only offense Barcelona had, like Hezonja in game 1.

Nice. This is my issue with Hezonja - consistency. He has a lot of games like this.

In 50 such games, Porzingis has hd 5 bad ones. That is why I think he is such a solid pick at 5.

• Upvote 1

Jay Bilas and Chad Ford have a video on ESPN debating who you would pick if you're looking for wings between Winslow and Mario

Bilas picked Winslow just because he is a little gun shy to pick a guy he's never seen -- said Coach K compared him to DWade

Ford picked Mario said that his height and aggressiveness will make an immediate jump to the NBA

Really interesting stuff

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2015/insider/story/_/id/13098195/nba-draft-chad-ford-jay-bilas-debate-best-wings-draft

Coach K adamantly compares Winslow to Wade. That's interesting.

Bilas says Winslow is Iguadala at worst. Man, this is some high praise.

I wonder how accurate Bilas has been in the past. He really gets to see these guys in person a lot.

Coach K adamantly compares Winslow to Wade. That's interesting.

Bilas says Winslow is Iguadala at worst. Man, this is some high praise.

I wonder how accurate Bilas has been in the past. He really gets to see these guys in person a lot.

Do two potential D Wade's equal 1 actual? Pretty sure that was the comparison we were hearing about Victor 2 years ago. I don't think Winslow has shown much on offense for the Wade comparisons to have much merit. But Bilas has certainly seen a lot of him so there must be something...I definitely see the Igoudola comp though.

Do two potential D Wade's equal 1 actual? Pretty sure that was the comparison we were hearing about Victor 2 years ago. I don't think Winslow has shown much on offense for the Wade comparisons to have much merit. But Bilas has certainly seen a lot of him so there must be something...I definitely see the Igoudola comp though.

I just found it interesting that coach K said that. It wasn't some hack like Chad Ford, it was one of the greatest coaches in basketball history.

Same here, I think he's more Iguodala more than he is Wade. Stanley Johnson has moved up on my player board and I now have him equal to Winslow if not a bit higher. He's 2 1/2 inches taller, bigger, and I hear he's cut about 10 lbs and is a more explosive since the tournament. Hezonja would be my pick at #5, I think Orlando will pick Porzingis if he's there, but I feel Johnson will ultimately be our pick in the end due to Kristaps being gone already.

I have the draft going:

1. T-Wolves: Towns

2. Lakers: Russell

3. 76ers: Okafor

4. Knicks: Porzingis

5. Magic: Johnson

6. Kings: Mudiay

7. Nuggets: Hezonja

8. Pistons: Winslow

9. Hornets: Cauley-Stein

10.Celtics (from Miami): Turner

I just found it interesting that coach K said that. It wasn't some hack like Chad Ford, it was one of the greatest coaches in basketball history.

Sorry, wasn't meant to be a slight towards you (or Coch K)! I was just pointing out that we heard that comp from a number of sources when Oladipo was coming out.

Actually one of my hesitations about drafting Winslow is that I think he duplicates skills we already have on our team and doesn't fill as many gaps. I think he'll be a great pro. But I'm not sure we need another D-Wade lite on our team. We have some other skill sets we could stand to add.

I haven't heard any rumors about this, but I wonder if Minnesota is really that divided over Towns and Okafor would Philly try to swap picks with Minnesota if Towns goes 1 and Russell isn't there for Philly to take. Philly has so many draft picks they could make it worth Minnesota's while. But only if Minny valued Okafor as high as some reports say.

I'm actually really interested to see what Philly does if Towns and Russell are off the board. Mudiay seems to be falling out of favor of the hype machine which would leave 2 big men at that spot in Porzingis and Okafor. The best scenario for the Magic if they want Porzingis may be for Russell to be on the board when Philly picks so they get their man rather and hope NY doesn't take Porzingis or trade the pick to someone else who wants him. I'm worried Philly would take Porzingis over Okafor if that was their option.

Same here, I think he's more Iguodala more than he is Wade. Stanley Johnson has moved up on my player board and I now have him equal to Winslow if not a bit higher. He's 2 1/2 inches taller, bigger, and I hear he's cut about 10 lbs and is a more explosive since the tournament. Hezonja would be my pick at #5, I think Orlando will pick Porzingis if he's there, but I feel Johnson will ultimately be our pick in the end due to Kristaps being gone already.

I have the draft going:

1. T-Wolves: Towns

2. Lakers: Russell

3. 76ers: Okafor

4. Knicks: Porzingis

5. Magic: Johnson

6. Kings: Mudiay

7. Nuggets: Hezonja

8. Pistons: Winslow

9. Hornets: Cauley-Stein

10.Celtics (from Miami): Turner

I like Johnson but I just don't see it. Not only is he not what we need on our team as currently constructed but he isn't the best available player at 5 nor does he have the most upside. I just don't see him near 5.

Don't follow this draft closely, but I'm not big on Mario. Something about Spanish league players....

Id be fine with Porz if he's there; at least he's interesting. Can Winlsow play shooting guard? And if he can, don't we already have one?

I still like WCS, but I'm old school.