CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

You want Portis at 5?

And not Winslow?

Man, I don't even get that. Maybe you are assuming a trade down?

No, I'd trade down for Portis. Winslow is nice, but he doesn't move the needle for me.

No, I'd trade down for Portis. Winslow is nice, but he doesn't move the needle for me.

He's a true two way player. I like that. That moves the needle when I look at this Magic roster right now.

It felt dirty to type that.

• Upvote 1

He's a true two way player. I like that. That moves the needle when I look at this Magic roster right now.

It felt dirty to type that.

He moves my needle as well.

I'm all in for Porzingas. I think he's the best chance at a great player who also fills multiple needs for the team. Henzonja is next on my list, then Winslow. Anyone else, I'll have to wait and see. Unless one of the top three fall down. Those would be 1, 2, 3 on any draft board, I think.

Porzingis is going up the mock draft.

I like his potential but if it means Winslow dropping to us that's awesome too.

Porzingis > Winslow > WCS

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/06/10/nba-mock-draft-emmanuel-mudiay-kristaps-porzingis-karl-anthony-towns-jahlil-okafor

What can I say? Porzingis maybe a bigger risk but he has such a high upside. He reminds me of a young Nowitski.

Who cares what other people think. Make your own mind on players and don;t apologize for it. WCS gets love because we need rim protection and it's not easy to find. He is also projected from 5-10 depending the mock and day of the week, so thats right in our range.

Porzingis could be an absolute stud. People comparing him to Euro busts are being lazy unless they show us guys who are 7 feet with this level of athleticism and work ethic. It's easy to say Jan Vesely except his numbers were terrible compared to Porzingis's.

I never saw Bargiani put in work like this guy and he was not as athletic either.

Still not sure what to expect from Porz but I do not believe he will be an epic bust based on the numbers. Worse case he becomes a Channing Frye bench 4 except better at rim protection and best case he dominates at the 4 position with his rare combo of height, athleticism and shooting. Crazy level of Risk/Reward there, but it would be exciting if Henny pulls the trigger.

I am not sold on the shot blocking or epic athleticism. Plus, a Frye floor is pretty bad. Willie is climbing up my charts.

Mario, Willie, Porzingis, Winslow

Not seeing Mario is hurting his stock

Porzingis draft express video. Stats based on only 20 minutes of gameplay.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JWOjHoJ-U6A

What do you mean based on only 20 mins of gameplay?

I think the coolest thing about that vid is his ability to come off screens like that. If switch Kris shoots over easily and stay opposing big man is probably too slow to close out. I like idea of Vuc screening and then crashing offensive glass.

I am not sold on the shot blocking or epic athleticism. Plus, a Frye floor is pretty bad. Willie is climbing up my charts.

Mario, Willie, Porzingis, Winslow

Not seeing Mario is hurting his stock

He meant Frye in Phoenix, which there's really nothing wrong with

Some full game highlights of Porzingis for those that are on the fence. He's #6.

Published on Oct 22, 2014 -EuroCup 14/15: Baloncesto Sevilla v Proximus Spirou Charleroi

10 PTS, 4/6 FG, 0/2 3PT, 2/4 FT, 5 REB, 2 AST, 1 STL, 0 TO, 3 BLK

Published on Oct 29, 2014 - EuroCup 14/15: Virtus Roma v Baloncesto Sevilla

18 PTS, 4/8 FG, 3/4 3PT, 1/2 FT, 7 REB, 4 AST, 4 STL, 0 TO, 2 BLK

Published on Nov 5, 2014 - EuroCup 14/15: SLUC Nancy v Baloncesto Sevilla

10 PTS, 3/7 FG, 0/2 3PT, 4/4 FT, 8 REB, 0 AST, 0 STL, 0 TO, 2 BLK

Published on Nov 12, 2014 - EuroCup 14/15: Baloncesto Sevilla v CEZ Nymburk

11 PTS, 2/6 FG, 2/3 3PT, 1/2 FT, 6 REB, 0 AST, 0 STL, 4 TO, 1 BLK