CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Not the thread I wanted to be spending my time in either, but that's the reality of where our team is.

Also,

I think the top 4 is starting to shape up and become more clear. I think Okafor, Russell, Mudiay and Towns will be the first 4 names off the board on draft night.

Yup. We're Philly.

Top 5 for WARP are Russell, Tyus Jones, Myles Turner, Kaminsky and Towns

No surprise Russell is 1. I am surprised Okafor didn't make Top 5. I need to watch more of Turner.

Ugh...Year 3 and we're talking about another high draft pick. Just not feeling it.

Have to get a star to build around. Thats just how it goes. I would not be one bit surprised if take Russel or Mudiay if they are available. Those guys have the potential to be better than any guard currently on our roster.

Top 5 for WARP are Russell, Tyus Jones, Myles Turner, Kaminsky and Towns

"14. Jahlil Okafor

Current team: Duke | HT: 6-11 | WT: 275 | POS: C | WARP: 2.1

Don't be alarmed by Okafor's low projection. As I've explained, Okafor throws my system for a loop because his 2-point percentage is such an outlier. Removing the factor of regressing player projections to the mean, and Okafor shoots to second on the list behind Russell."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2015/story/_/id/12312872/kevin-pelton-statistical-big-board-nba-draft

Give me Towns and I'll be a happy camper... I guess the question becomes, can Vooch play the 4 if the stars align and we wind up with Towns or even Okafor, if we get some lottery magic, or does he turn in to some sexy trade bait.

Give me Towns and I'll be a happy camper... I guess the question becomes, can Vooch play the 4 if the stars align and we wind up with Towns or even Okafor, if we get some lottery magic, or does he turn in to some sexy trade bait.

I personally think Towns is more of 4 than Vuc.. simply because (despite his range) Nik just isn't a 4 at all imo.

Vuc would get eaten alive by 4s on defense. He's like Marc Gasol, a 5 that lately doesn't even care about rebounds and plays better with a bruiser PF.

I know Marc is a former DPOY, he's terrific

It sure worked out badly for OKC, having to take Durant, Westbrook and Harden 3 years in a row.

Unfortunately all three of the players you mentioned are better than Dipo and Gordon.