CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Impressive video. Funny Dwight used to be able to knock down mid-range shots all the time in practice and pre-game, but absolutely could not during a game. Weird how huge of a difference just having other guys on the court makes. Not saying WCS won't be able to do that in a real game, I hope he drains them non stop if we draft him.

I agree. Game time is different for players. I just thought it was a good video. It gives you an idea of how he will work out for teams. I will say, If he can hit mid range shots on the regular, it could be game changing for the team that gets him. Mario is my guy but willie would be someone that can have a major impact on defense. If he can scorer some buckets and bet a threat, I could see us looking hard at him.

Because I like Gordon at 4, I perfer 1#Mario 2#winslow 3#willie

Drafting WCS in the Top 10, let alone Top 5, would be a mistake. You don't pick a role player in that range.

Yup. You draft talent and scramble to fill holes later on

Impressive video. Funny Dwight used to be able to knock down mid-range shots all the time in practice and pre-game, but absolutely could not during a game. Weird how huge of a difference just having other guys on the court makes. Not saying WCS won't be able to do that in a real game, I hope he drains them non stop if we draft him.

I remember watching a video in the offseason where Dwight was dribbling up the court, hitting a midrange and then going the other way and doin it again. I can't remember when it was, but it was at a time when I thought the team could win a championship.

Drafting WCS in the Top 10, let alone Top 5, would be a mistake. You don't pick a role player in that range.

Agree but his skill is rim protection, and that is highly valued.

Also, on another note most GMs believe shooting is teachable. That is what Rob believes. We know that, and many others do as well.

Some people say Gordon is a terrible jump shooter, but a lot of those same people would never have projected his free throw being 72% this year after being 42% in college. But that is exactly happened.

Shooting can be taught. Rob is proving that with Gordon.

But elite shooting like Mario and others have is a different story. It is just not as valued in a top 5 selection most of the time.

Agree, but some see him as much more than a role player on here.

Yup. You draft talent and scramble to fill holes later on

Yes. At the end of the day, Mario and IMO Winslow are just much better overall talents with incredibly higher upsides.

I remember watching a video in the offseason where Dwight was dribbling up the court, hitting a midrange and then going the other way and doin it again. I can't remember when it was, but it was at a time when I thought the team could win a championship.

I didn't see that video, but it's really is astonishing how guys can do one thing a million times in practice or on an open court but just absolutely can't mimic anything even close to those results in a live game. Another example and IDK how true it is but I remember in the Clippers/Rockets series one of the announcers said that DeAndre hit 17 free throws in a row during practice. He will never during his career ever come close to doing that in a game.

Yes. At the end of the day, Mario and IMO Winslow are just much better overall talents with incredibly higher upsides.

Incredibly higher? I didn't know they were 7 feet and can guard 5 positions.

Relax on the hype train unless you have actual evidence to back your opinion. The reality is that at the 5 spot, there is no one with an incredibly high upside, and if there is one it is Porzingis.

Again, you can not teach height. Winslow is 6'4 and wore 2 inch heeled shoes to measure taller in the combine.. Barely taller than Victor/

That is why I have said I am fine with whomever we take at 5 because everyone at that spot has something to offer. But its not going to be incredibly high upside.

Incredibly higher? I didn't know they were 7 feet and can guard 5 positions.

Relax on the hype train unless you have actual evidence to back your opinion. The reality is that at the 5 spot, there is no one with an incredibly high upside, and if there is one it is Porzingis.

Again, you can not teach height. Winslow is 6'4 and wore 2 inch heeled shoes to measure taller in the combine.. Barely taller than Victor/

That is why I have said I am fine with whomever we take at 5 because everyone at that spot has something to offer. But its not going to be incredibly high upside.

Yes, incredibly higher. Much higher than the guy who couldn't improve his numbers in 3 years in college. (Enter excuse here).

How does anyone have actual evidence with anything on this forum? All we have is videos, stats and opinions. If you don't agree with mine, that's completely fine I don't expect you to.

But you still seem a little mad to me :/

Spending time on the Knicks forum and they seem to be all Winslow with a side of Mudiay. But they're mainly still in depression that they won't be getting Towns.