CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

You clearly said that GSW matches up on positions. They do not. They switch. They put Bogut on a SG so he could switch over for help defense underneath. It was not a PG, but close enough to prove my point.

I didn't say they match up on positions. I said their wing players (1,2,3) predominantly match up against wing players, and their post players match up against other post players. I also pointed out Green and Barnes who fluctuate through both designations. Maybe one could include Iguodala in that designation. I don't see how any of this is incorrect. Tony Allen is hardly a point in your favor, as he is a total nonfactor on offense and GSW actually put no one on him at parts in that series.

To me Hezonja is head and shoulders above the competition. While I would be concerned about playing Porzingis and Vucevic together, it would still be better than drafting WCS at #5. To me that would be like a punch to the nuts

• Upvote 1

To me Hezonja is head and shoulders above the competition. While I would be concerned about playing Porzingis and Vucevic together, it would still be better than drafting WCS at #5. To me that would be like a punch to the nuts

hope you're wearing a cup.

I'll start by saying I agree with Mario if you're looking for a scoring wing.

However, if youre looking for a big to fit on this team it sounds like you want a guy who is good on offense and questionable on defense...instead of a guy who is elite on defense and questionable on offense.

To me I dont see how that is a "punch in the nuts" scenario. It's a preference for offense over defense and that is not what our team needs for their big man. If you're drafting offense...you go Winslow/Mario. However there is no logical explanation for Zinger over WCS because we do not need offense at the 4 spot. We need defense and Porzingis does not fit that mold.

So if you want offense, im fine with Mario/Winslow but an offensive 4 is not going to solve our issues. People have Porzingis too high on their lists and WCS is getting a bad wrap because people are brushing off defensive impact because they're only looking through the draft with an offensive lens.

I think Porzingis wouldn't be a great fit but as CTMagicUK said and as I've been saying all along, we should use this draft to try and hit a home run.

I would go with star power as my priority and Hezonja would be my pick. Not a huge fan of Winslow and Porzingis but they do seem to have a lot more star potential than WCS

--

I totally expect the Pistons to take Hezonja and make him a beast in that system :svgsad:

I'll start by saying I agree with Mario if you're looking for a scoring wing.

However, if youre looking for a big to fit on this team it sounds like you want a guy who is good on offense and questionable on defense...instead of a guy who is elite on defense and questionable on offense.

To me I dont see how that is a "punch in the nuts" scenario. It's a preference for offense over defense and that is not what our team needs for their big man. If you're drafting offense...you go Winslow/Mario. However there is no logical explanation for Zinger over WCS because we do not need offense at the 4 spot. We need defense and Porzingis does not fit that mold.

So if you want offense, im fine with Mario/Winslow but an offensive 4 is not going to solve our issues. People have Porzingis too high on their lists and WCS is getting a bad wrap because people are brushing off defensive impact because they're only looking through the draft with an offensive lens.

Of course there is. Just about the entire basketball world would agree Porz has much higher potential than WCS.

I didn't say they match up on positions. I said their wing players (1,2,3) predominantly match up against wing players, and their post players match up against other post players. I also pointed out Green and Barnes who fluctuate through both designations. Maybe one could include Iguodala in that designation. I don't see how any of this is incorrect. Tony Allen is hardly a point in your favor, as he is a total nonfactor on offense and GSW actually put no one on him at parts in that series.

I linked you to an article explaining how GSW runs their defense and how every player on the floor can switch to any player on the other team. I don't know what else to tell you, except that guys who can guard 5 positions are extremely valuable on defense, and it is why GSW will put any man on any opposing player.

As for draft stuff, I would prefer Porzingis over Winslow. Mainly because he is 7 feet tall and can shoot. To me his star potential is much higher.

If we are all saying draft on star potential, Porzingis is the guy or Mario is the guy at pick 5.

I linked you to an article explaining how GSW runs their defense and how every player on the floor can switch to any player on the other team. I don't know what else to tell you, except that guys who can guard 5 positions are extremely valuable on defense, and it is why GSW will put any man on any opposing player.

As for draft stuff, I would prefer Porzingis over Winslow. Mainly because he is 7 feet tall and can shoot. To me his star potential is much higher.

If we are all saying draft on star potential, Porzingis is the guy or Mario is the guy at pick 5.

That's not true in the literal sense. Of course GS doesn't put Curry on 5s or 4s. Thompson isn't guarding any good 5s. Barnes can't guard a 5. Iggy can't guard a 5. Bogut isn't guarding any 1 or 2 worth his salt.

I seem to remember a press conference sometime shortly after the Dwight trade that Henny said something on the order of we are going to build and develop the Magic to be a team that plays like a team, with no one star that we have to depend on.

If we are still continuing along that path I think we draft to fill a need, and right now rim protection is our biggest need.

I seem to remember a press conference sometime shortly after the Dwight trade that Henny said something on the order of we are going to build and develop the Magic to be a team that plays like a team, with no one star that we have to depend on.

If we are still continuing along that path I think we draft to fill a need, and right now rim protection is our biggest need.

That's just GM speak. Of course Henny wants a star, every GM in the league does.

Kristaps Porzingis said he’s currently 230 pounds, foresees putting on as much as 30 pounds before he gets to his ideal NBA playing weight.

Source: Jake Fischer of Sports Illustrated on Twitter

Kristaps Porzingis said he’s currently 230 pounds, foresees putting on as much as 30 pounds before he gets to his ideal NBA playing weight.

Source: Jake Fischer of Sports Illustrated on Twitter

I'll believe that when I see it