CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

The draft thread is my new forum girlfriend.

To be serious, I'll begin with this.

Mock draft from DraftExpress.

Capture.png

Let the fun begin O because this thread has been my wife for a few weeks. Hoping the debates get going in here because this season is a lost cause. Always love hearing peoples take on what we should/shouldn't do and hearing their take on prospects whether I agree or not.

I like Stanley Johnson and Kevon Looney early on (maybe WCS as a sleeper.) I'm sure circumstances will change my opinion in a short 5-6 months.

I like Stanley Johnson and Kevon Looney early on (maybe WCS as a sleeper.) I'm sure circumstances will change my opinion in a short 5-6 months.

I like Stanley Johnson as well. He's tough as nails and plays very physical. He has a football background and it shows on the court. He's a bit raw on the offensive end but it's almost redundant to say that as most 18-19 yr olds are. I think it will be interesting to see where we use Gordon the rest of the season. As much as I want him to be a PF, the guy just seems like a SF to me and that to me will be his position going forward so not sure if we will be in the market for a SF. Although at this point I'm still taking BPA.

It should be noted that around the draft last year people were saying Porzingis could go "as high as 12". Which suggests that we were at least interested in him. Honestly with a pick in the 5-7 range I can see us taking him.

I like Myles Turner or Porzingis for us.

Also a damn shame our guard positions are locked up cause D'Angelo is good.

3 guard rotation? Maybe a little three guard lineup to close out games? If they're good enough it could work

The talent will work itself out. Take BPA.

A case can be made for all those guys as BPA at the 4-5th pick.

I actually like those three more than the top prospects (aside from Towns who we should pick if we win the lottery).

Towns is still looking like the guy the Magic have to do everything to get if they are committed to Nik at C. If he can shoot it, and Gordon keeps learning to shoot it we could be in good shape.

I think the Magic would still need to get a pure shooter in FA to bring off the bench who can swing between SG and SF next to Fournier.