CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Im excited about Harvey. This guy has that crazy Curry - style shooting ability, where everything goes in.

Interested in how he develops. Rob has done ok in the second round, I'd love to see him hit a home run.

This is a big year from Victor to prove himself. We just drafted 2 more SGs for a reason.

Think Mario plays SF more than SG.

Agree though, Harvey looks like he could be a legit bench option.

Does Mario's cocky attitude remind anyone of a certain point guard/coach who set an NBA assist record?

Yes. I believe that is why he is his favorite player in this draft.

I was at a draft party and not able to be on here (as much as I wanted to be). For the first time ever Orlando picked the guy I wanted them to (yes, I was sadly in the camp that thought Dwight was going to be a bust in 2004; I was young, and I knew nothing then). It kinda makes me nervous, but everything I read and watch and hear about this guy screams there's something special there. Orlando swung for the fences (and kudos to Henny for not pulling another Babe Ruth and calling his shot). It seems like when he got minutes in Spain he nearly always delivered.

I do wonder what this means for Harris and Fournier. I don't worry too much about Super Mario taking Dipo's job, as I see Mario as a 3/2; but if he pans out, I don't see this team keeping both Harris and Fournier. I get that Harris is a versatile forward, and I love his attitude and his personality; but Mario seems almost like a guy you need to start or give major minutes pretty early. Maybe let Harris go, start the season with Fournier at the 3 until Mario is ready. But then how good an offensive lineup could Payton/Dipo/Hezonja/Harris/Vucevic be? I'd love to be able to figure this all out this year, but I don't think you draft Mario Hezonja to be on your bench long-term (like I said, Orlando swung for the fences big time); and how do you sell Harris on grooming to be the 6th man? Do you think you could start him at the 4 next to Vucevic? Maybe you match for Harris and trade him if Mario seems to be coming along.

But we knew anyone Orlando drafted would cause this issue of overlapping developing talent. They draft Porzingis and he pans out, Gordon is either bench or a 3 with Harris gone. I actually love that about this team. Say what you will about the fit together so far (the w/l record speaks for itself really), but Orlando has a lot of valuable assets. And they may have just gotten their best one yet. Here's hoping!

• Upvote 1

Does Mario's cocky attitude remind anyone of a certain point guard/coach who set an NBA assist record?

There will be some GREAT Skiles-Hezonja moments next year because both ultra-competitive. That's why it's good marriage!

Jay Williams on the ESPN broadcast also said after our pick that he's the perfect Scott Skiles fit because he plays with the same swagger as Scott Skiles coaches.

I'm very happy with the job Henny and his staff did tonight. We needed shooters so "Bombs Away".

Next week it's free agency, lets hope Rob can pull a bad a$$ four from somewhere.

So I've checked out this harvey kid and he might be something. He had a 40 point game this year, 11 30+ games in his career and pretty good games against solid teams like Washington, cal, and Connecticut. Put up 27 against Georgetown in the tournament.

He's got one solid skill and that's shooting with a very quick release. If he makes the team he might have something like a Damon Jones type career. Maybe, despite his complete lack of athleticism and ability to play defense, he just figured out how to play a brand of basketball that works and ends up being a steal.

It's a good pick for 51

It's very possible that Skiles wants us to play small ball majority of the time and run Aaron at the 4 spot. Will probably pick up a serviceable big in FA

Line up Payton, Oladipo, Mario, Gordon, Vuc

So I've checked out this harvey kid and he might be something. He had a 40 point game this year, 11 30+ games in his career and pretty good games against solid teams like Washington, cal, and Connecticut. Put up 27 against Georgetown in the tournament.

He's got one solid skill and that's shooting with a very quick release. If he makes the team he might have something like a Damon Jones type career. Maybe, despite his complete lack of athleticism and ability to play defense, he just figured out how to play a brand of basketball that works and ends up being a steal.

It's a good pick for 51

Sign me up if he's the next Eddie House

Sign me up if he's the next Eddie House

I mean, that's pretty much the most reasonable best case scenario. He's still a long shot to make the roster especially considering his competition is probably Ben Gordon, who skiles loves