CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

How are you still having a hard time following this logic?

If Sacramento wants Vucevic more than the number 2 pick then LA doesn't need to be involved

How are you having a hard time grasping that the discussion most likely involves more than just the key players being named?

Yes they do cause we dont want cousins. Wed be moving up and gettin assets, not cousins.

Again, its la/kings trade..they have tp convince us we b. Getting value bqck for vuc

Exactly.

Giving up Vuc and Payton, Arguably our Best young players is INSANE. Period. I am sorry but Russell is Not the next MJ.

I don't think this would happen so I wouldn't sweat it.

If the Magic are a part of this -- I would want it to be something like the Magic get #2 and #6, Lin and Randle while only giving up Vuc, Harkless and #5. To me that helps the Magic just as much as it would help the Kings and Lakers. Anything less than that, the Magic should stay on course and draft whoever at #5.

Lakers send Lin, #2 and Randle to Magic

Sacramento sends #6 to Magic

Magic send Vuc, Harkless and #5 to Kings

Lakers send Clarkson and to Kings

Kings send Cousins to Lakers

I would give up Vuc, Payton, and 5 for Russell, a couple of great shooters, and a defensive big that can get us 10/10 in a heartbeat. We are all attached to the team and its growth and success, not individual players (I hope).

You guys do realize that Vuc is a poison pill, right?

So none of the trades that have been suggested work and that any trade with Vooch leaving Orlando is almost certainly dead on arrival.

I don't think there has been one complete trade suggested.

I also think that it can't be official until his contract kicks in either, since he currently makes 2million.

But multiple people are reporting this is being discussed, so it very likely still is to some extent.

If the Magic are a part of this -- I would want it to be something like the Magic get #2 and #6, Lin and Randle while only giving up Vuc, Harkless and #5. To me that helps the Magic just as much as it would help the Kings and Lakers. Anything less than that, the Magic should stay on course and draft whoever at #5.

I'm actually completely fine with this deal. Somehow I don't see the Kings being fine with it though, as much as we want to believe that Vuc & Harkless have that much value.

• Upvote 1

Hi Board,

Newbie here. Who does everyone think we SHOULD draft and who does everyone think we WILL draft?

Lots of rumors it seems, doubt anything comes of it.

How are you having a hard time grasping that the discussion most likely involves more than just the key players being named?

Exactly.

LA DOESN'T HAVE ANYMORE KEY PLAYERS OR DRAFT PICKS

You're trying to force a way to get cousins on LA but there's no other value they can add if they're already providing everything.

And if Vucevic holds more value to Sacramento than the number 2 pick then we can easily form an offer that beats Randle and Clarkson.

And if we don't want cousins we can easily flip him for a better offer than a single number 2 pick.

Love on a single year deal got a number one overall, a former number one pick in Bennett, a future first round pick, and a trade exception. Love is on a one year deal

You think Vucevic, randle, and Clarkson is enough to get cousins?

I would give up Vuc, Payton, and 5 for Russell, a couple of great shooters, and a defensive big that can get us 10/10 in a heartbeat. We are all attached to the team and its growth and success, not individual players (I hope).

I am attached to the Magic for life and have been since the beginning. BUT Payton in my mind is Untouchable. He has the mindset and point guard mentality that I have been waiting on forever and if we give up on him after one year, I may not watch basketball for a long time.

• Upvote 1

So...what I'm seeing is:

LAL Gets: Cousins

SAC Gets: Randle, Clarkson, Vucevic

ORL Gets: #2

Orlando likely drafts Okafor or Russell

Then trades down for a Vet and lower lottery pick? Like Favors or Faried?

Then draft? WCS? Mudiay? Johnson?

I also saw on ESPN someone said that OKC, Utah, and Denver all are desperate to move up in the draft?

If we were to walk away from this draft with Okafor/Russell, WCS/Mudiay, + Favors? You'd likely also look to trade Payton somewhere for another SF/PF (which I love to kid, so I'm not a huge fan of that idea).

I would still consider that a A+ from Henny and Management. However, in my opinion, I don't think we do all of that for Okafor because he isn't the best on the defensive side of the ball which is our coaches mindset. All of this is likely smoke, but it's fun to think about.

After a couple of years, I think Henny has come out on top with the Howard trade and then he somehow landed Gordon and Payton last year. This guy has a way of pulling something out of nowhere and we end up on the better end. It's unlikely, but I won't rule anything out!