CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

it's not lazy at all, i've actually researched winslow and he is not a good shooter. he shoots good from ONE spot on the floor and in the NBA everyone is going to know that.

he guarded PF's in college.....great, this is the NBA sure against some matchups depending on the team he could do it in the NBA, but citing GS as an example is just weird because they have a balanced roster. the magic have no such thing, the magic have a team high on athleticism but low on skill amongst the youth, and the most skilled one which is tobias harris, many magic fans want gone for some bizarre reason

That is where he got his play calls at Duke. Do you truly think that he can only shoot from that spot on the floor? Please tell me you don't think this.

If you actually researched Winslow you would know that his final month he shot at an inhuman rate of efficiency.

it's not lazy at all, i've actually researched winslow and he is not a good shooter. he shoots good from ONE spot on the floor and in the NBA everyone is going to know that.

he guarded PF's in college.....great, this is the NBA sure against some matchups depending on the team he could do it in the NBA, but citing GS as an example is just weird because they have a balanced roster. the magic have no such thing, the magic have a team high on athleticism but low on skill amongst the youth, and the most skilled one which is tobias harris, many magic fans want gone for some bizarre reason

I don't think they want him gone. They just don't want to over pay.

Also, he has a small shooting sample size and ft shooting shows red flag.

I am not sold on winslow's shooting, height, and, offensive creativity. I think he adds to issues on the team.

I think the concern with Harris is twofold: first, he's going to command a large contract; and second, despite his impressive stats on offense, he's a defensive liability at times (we are 3 to 4 points better when he's on the bench). So one can argue that we might be better off letting him leave and targetting a true SF or PF in free agency rather than overpaying a stat sheet filling combo-forward, who at times is a liability on defense.

Don't get me wrong. I like Harris. He's proven to be clutch when he's taken game winning shots. Offensively he's someone that can impact the game. But going forwards they need to believe that Skiles and co can improve his defense, and if they can't, then that's an issue because we can't afford to have another defensive question mark in the starting line up.

If the offer sheet is around what we offered in that extension ($36 million was it?), then we should match it. But if we are talking nearer $50 million, I don't think we should match it. And to be honest, I don't see it as bizarre that our fans are leaning towards letting him go. All he's shown to date is he fills the stats sheet, and while he tries, he's not very good defensively. I think we can, and need to, upgrade our SF and PF positions of we are to take that next step.

FWIW, Kyler on Kristaps and Orlando. Twitter conversation:

@Turnbow_JT: @moaky4 @stevekylerNBA I have been watching some highlights. Looks good, do you think he will go top 5 tho?
@stevekylerNBA: I do. I think Orlando grabs him at #5...
@da_nyce1: @stevekylerNBA @turnbow_JT do you think they WILL grab him at 5 based on intel or think they SHOULD grab him at 5 based on your opinion?
@stevekylerNBA: I think he is their guy based on what I am hearing from others, specifically agents with players linked to them.
:pray:

Still riding the Porzingis train. I like (Miami) Chris Bosh as a high end, but not too high end that we're comparing him to an all time great, comparison, he's got a good chance of being a better 3 point shooter than Bosh though.

Still riding the Porzingis train. I like (Miami) Chris Bosh as a high end, but not too high end that we're comparing him to an all time great, comparison, he's got a good chance of being a better 3 point shooter than Bosh though.

I'm glad I'm at least accepting Porz at this point. Even when I hated him, I always thought he was going to be our pick. No one else sees a little Anthony Davis in him?

Mudiay traded for a vet and pick 7-10 so we can get Stanley could happen.

I'd be all for this. That's why I've (and you too) have said all a long if Mudiay is there we shouldn't pass on him. I could see 4 teams in that 7-11 range wanting his services badly.