CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

I don't think it has as much to do with working hard. Elite athletes have it easy in high school regardless.

But elite athletes at 6'1 have more options than a 6'10 guy.

A 6'1 athlete can play 5 different football positions, point guard, soccer, baseball, track and field, various Olympic sports, etc.

A 6'10 guy pretty much has basketball and volleyball.

So a talk kid gets forced to play basketball and if he doesn't have a passion for it he can get burned out easier.

I disagree that all elite athletes have have it easy regardless.. If your 6'10" in high school playing against a bunch of 5'10-6'1" guys you have it easier than a 6'1" athlete. A sandwich tastes better when made with passion, you need passion in the bedroom to make sweet love. Passion is needed in just about anything you do if you want to be the best. Of course passion is a factor. It wasn't about getting burned out, it was about bust factor.

Kinda bummed now about not getting the chance at Russell. I mean he's as close to being a potential star than anyone in the draft right? We need one of those.

Russell yes. Mudiay and Winslow quite possibly.

I studied the numbers and they project all 3 of these guys to be very good in the NBA. One will be available when we pick.

This is just based off numbers only.

I studied the numbers and they project all 3 of these guys to be very good in the NBA. One will be available when we pick.

And yet we all know that Henny won't give a crud about that and will take someone none of us see coming.

Bracing myself.

What Winslow has is that elite lift. He can flat out jump and I think that is what keeps him as the top SF prospect over Johnson.

Also the Magic were talking to this guy at EuroCamp - http://www.nbadraft....george-de-paula

Very high ceiling..bad shooter. We've heard this before with guys rob drafts.

What stuck out is his wingspan. It's 7 feet. He's a PG.

This dude George de Paula reminds me of if Andrew Nicholson had a little brother that played PG, this would be what he'd look like on the court. That's the first thing that came to mind while I was watching this video.

This dude George de Paula reminds me of if Andrew Nicholson had a little brother that played PG, this would be what he'd look like on the court. That's the first thing that came to mind while I was watching this video.

I'd like him, but we have a future All-Star PG. If he's available in the 2nd round, I would be happy to take a chance on him, but I think it's created too much intrigue to not attract a team in the late first round.

Winslow is a fantastic fit for this team in terms of culture. I'm also coming around on him as the pick as well. I remember watching him during the tournament and posting how Rob must be loving this guy the way he is rebounding the ball like a man possessed and leading his team like an Alpha dog.

I think the Magic will stay pretty quiet on him and hope the Knicks don't take him.

A lineup of Payton Victor Winslow Gordon and Vuc would be awesome. I believe the defense of the 4 guys around Vuc should help him down low.

I was also really impressed with Gordon's ability to hold opponents under 50% shooting under the rim. That shows signs of him being a solid defender at 4.

This is what I've been trying to say LOL.

Seriously Payton/Dipo/Winslow/Gordon/Vuch would absolutely be the best defensive team in the league. They would be at your throats every second. And people are going to say "well they won't score 80 a game". But that's why you have more offensive minded guys on the bench. And I'm of the type that believes Winslow will become a true 2 way player and won't be a liability on offense.

I honestly think Winslow is such a perfect fit for us and screams "Rob Hennigan" guy to me. But for that exact reason is why I have doubts we will draft him. The obvious/trendy pick hasn't been the guy we select.

It's not like AG and Winslow would start right away, just saying for the future. You could still bring Harris back and have another asset while other guys develop. But I do believe Winlsow could help us win next year.

And if we draft anyone of those 3, this guy will be popping champagne draft night.

After much consideration, I think I like Stanley Johnson more than Porzingis and wcs

Me too. I always liked Johnson, but I kind of fall in and out of love with him but I would take him over Porz for sure and WCS too. He to me is just a little more of a project than Winslow but I do like him.

Both Winslow and Johnson do come off as being complete Rob type guys. I think and hope we draft one of those SF's.

I also think Rob & Co. are staying quiet on Winslow in hopes that he falls to us. I'm sure they don't want a repeat of getting extorted like last year with Elf. I don't think I can take another 2.5 weeks of this speculation. Hurry up, get our guy, and let me enjoy Summer League with Elf/AG/& #5.

Plus marble

I think the point is that whether it's Winslow, WCS, Mudiay, or Hezonja, I'll be satisfied with our pick. We have a lock of good talent to choose from in the 2nd tier.

Just not Kristaps Porzingis. Anyone but Porzingis.

I agree. Porzingis is the player I want the least.