CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

I pretty much said those exact words about AG.

Gordon's potential trumps WCS in every single way. Defensively a wash as both players are great on that end but WCS has almost no offensive upside whereas Gordon has shown flashes on that end and has every ability to contribute offensively.

WCS averaged 8 ppg in 3 seasons at Kentucky scoring 9 ppg as a 21 year old, Gordon averaged 12 in his one season at Arizona as an 18 year old. Gordon out rebounded, outscored, had more assists, and less turnovers in college.

Gordon has star potential, WCS projects as a solid starter and nothing more. There is just not much we can build on with WCS.

We already have a WCS type role player on our team in Dedmon. WCS would be a fine pick in the 8-10 range, but there are potential stars in this draft that will be available at #5 and we need to draft one of them.

I pretty much said those exact words about AG.

I've said this a lot, but Rob drafts on ceiling. That is why Gordon was such a great pick at 4 for us and I don't think WCS will be at 5.

Understand that I don't think he'd be a great pick for Orlando if they are not sure that Gordon can be their 4 of the future (of which I'm not sure, so if it were me I would not pick this guy): but I love Frank Kaminsky's game. Like Frye, his outside shooting would be very useful when paired with Dedmon. To me, Porzingis' ceiling is not much better than Frank Kaminsky is right now; just a bit better ceiling on the defensive end. Kaminsky is not a bad defensive player by any means. He moves so well that it makes up for a lot of his below-the-rim problems. He ended up blocking shots pretty well in college, if not at an elite level. He looks to me like a much better version of Kelly Olynyk on offense, like maybe closer to Nowitzki than Olynyk.

I get why Orlando wouldn't draft him. He's not a rim protector, and any big they pick should have that potential. But I wouldn't be upset if they feel his offense is so good that he's worth putting in a rotation with Vuc, Gordon. It really depends on what they think they have in Gordon. I still think AG could end up a star, in which case Kaminsky would be a great guy to have for 20-25 minutes backing up both the 4 and 5.

Just a thought, in case Orlando just wants to trade back a couple of picks.

I like Kaminsky too. The problem is you have to play him at 5 because he is slow as hell on defense and can't guard most PFs. Then you have to deal with his lack of rim protection if you do that.

He reminds me of a bigger McDermott. Just a very talented player that would have thrived in the league 15 year ago, but now it's too athletic.

I usually respect your opinion but c'mon man. Porzingis is very talented bro and could end up being an all-star in 2-3 seasons. Other than the fact that he needs to put on some muscle, he has elite length for a stretch PF and his shot blocking is underrated. He can already shoot the NBA three and has underrated quickness for a man his size. I definitely wouldn't be disappointed if he was in Magic uniform come June 25th with the fifth overall pick.

the tape is not impressive other than shooting

he is soft and slow off his feet imo

I like Kaminsky too. The problem is you have to play him at 5 because he is slow as hell on defense and can't guard most PFs. Then you have to deal with his lack of rim protection if you do that.

He reminds me of a bigger McDermott. Just a very talented player that would have thrived in the league 15 year ago, but now it's too athletic.

I'm not sold on just how slow he is on D. He's no WCS, but I don't think he looks any slower than guys like Gasol or Nowitzki. Don't get me wrong: I know those are two guys who haven't ever been known for their defense (though I think Gasol was at one point pretty good, actually). I think he could play the 4, in most situations; just not too much with Vuc, unless they are up against a jump-shooting team that doesn't require too much rim protection. Put Kaminsky on a team with Dwight Howard and that's just scary.