CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Hezonja is NBA ready. In those videos, his attitude passes off as nonchalant. Looks like everything is effortless to him.

He does make everything look easy... he kinda just glides. It looks like he has no problem creating shots for himself and likes to take it to the rim. If his 3 point shot translates to the NBA he'll be blowing by people that are forced to guard him tight.

He does make everything look easy... he kinda just glides. It looks like he has no problem creating shots for himself and likes to take it to the rim. If his 3 point shot translates to the NBA he'll be blowing by people that are forced to guard him tight.

he will also get easy shots with payton and vic slashing...

With all the Mario love on here, it's setting up for a disappointment on draft night when we don't select him.

• Upvote 2

the tape on porzingis is interesting, he clearly has an aptitude for 3's, and he can score off screens so that tells me he has good shooting skill in general.

but i am not sold on his defense in the NBA, not one bit, not a good rebounder for his size and 2 blocks per 40 is poor for someone with his gifts.

I think you're (and a few other people on this board) over rating Hezonjas ability to get to the hoop. He's a terrific jump shooter both from standstill and off the dribble but he's pretty much exclusively a straight line driver at the moment. He almost always settles for a jump shot in isolation and he doesn't have the handle yet to break a guy down.

Year One he'll be great in transition, be a good shooter both spotting up and off screens and show flashes of brilliance from time to time as a passer, defender and scorer. He'll also force dumb passes, take ridiculously tough shots and play lacklustre defense on nights his offense won't get going. That's just who he is.

i have faith dipo will be a good shooter, he had some spurts where he shot the 3 really well, i just feel like he wore down some and played alot of tough minutes. i am all aboard the hezonja train if he comes over next year

I would try to make a combo of the 5th pick and Tobias available for LA and see if POR bites. I know its not likely to happen, but I see value in that for both parties. I would also float the same package to LAL for the opportunity to draft Okafor. In the end, I don't feel we need any more youth, so I am keen to offload the pick. Yes, Tobias' contract status complicates things severely, I would still try though.

so you would give up two premium assets for a UFA?

:svgsad:

With all the Mario love on here, it's setting up for a disappointment on draft night when we don't select him.

Yeah I was thinking that. I mean everyone here essentially agrees on the pick, which is amazing in itself.

I think it's Winslow or Mario. I really do. And if Henny takes Winslow, I will accept it. But as we are all saying, Mario appears to have as much star potential as any pick in the draft, its just more risky.

Yeah I was thinking that. I mean everyone here essentially agrees on the pick, which is amazing in itself.

I think it's Winslow or Mario. I really do. And if Henny takes Winslow, I will accept it. But as we are all saying, Mario appears to have as much star potential as any pick in the draft, its just more risky.

Exactly. When was the last time 90% of the board agreed on who to pick? That just almost guarantees that our pick won't be that guy LOL.

I think it's amazing how much those of the general Orlando Magic fan not on this board (facebook posts, tweets, etc.) badly want Porzingas or Cauley-Stein in the name of "We need a big blocking or stretch PF."

Seriously - both are huge projects who are much more likely to end up like Marcus Camby or Yi Jianlian than Tyson Chandler or Dirk Nowitzki. I just see us taking Hezonja or Winslow. Winslow screams most as a Henny dude. I just don't see Henny taking on a giant gamble with the #5 pick.

I also think the majority of pro sports fans don't see the full picture of what it takes to create a winning team and culture. This isn't NBA 2K15.

Exactly. When was the last time 90% of the board agreed on who to pick? That just almost guarantees that our pick won't be that guy LOL.

I mean, I feel like the vast majority of us wanted Victor Oladipo on draft night 2 years ago. Ben McLemore was an offensive powerhouse in terms of potential, but we had all heard about the heart, tenacity, athleticism, and work ethic of V.O.

Last year was the only draft I was shell-shocked by, but after the shock of the 4th pick, it made sense that we were aiming for Elfrid Payton with the #12 pick, of which Philly knew too and snatched him and asked for a King's ransom back.

I was just thinking about that! Last year the board was pretty much split up three-four different ways with Exum, Embiid, Randle, and Vonleh, but we're all on the Hezonja train this year. I think we're all getting a feel on what Henningan likes in a prospect and believe Mario will do wonders for this team. We may already have a rim protecting PF on the team in Aaron Gordon if he puts on a little weight in the offseason. He's 6'9" with shoes and is already a pretty good defender in my eyes. What gives him the potential to be a good shot blocker is his elite athleticism and he's already shown he can block shots. I think we'd be fine moving forward with resigning Harris and drafting Hezonja. A starting lineup of Vucevic, Gordon, Hezonja, Oladipo, and Payton could work in my opinion. Then having an elite 6th man like Harris could come in for Mario or Gordon and lead the second unit of Frye, Fournier, Dedmon and whoever else they decide to bring in to backup Elfrid.

Pretty Exciting In My Opinion:

Starters:

C: Vucevic

PF: Gordon

SF: Hezonja

SG: Oladipo

PG: Payton

Bench:

SF/PF: Harris

PF: Frye

SG: Fournier

C: Dedmon