CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Porzingis scouting video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWOjHoJ-U6A

One thing that sticks out to me is this guy looks like Noel except better. And lots of people here want Noel, yet no one seems concerned about his rail thin frame since they have seen him protect the paint for a full season.

If you want to be impressed, FF to the 5:00 mark and watch a seven foot one guy run off screens and hit shots like a SG. I've honestly not seen that very often.

This guy is interesting.

• Upvote 1

The more I read about Winslow the more I think he fits Robs mold perfectly. My only issue is that while he is a two way player, he is not a go to guy on offense.

That being said, he can easily play SF for us. He can easily switch on screens and guard 1-4, and he should be able to stretch the floor pretty well. I also think that a lineup of Payton/Dipo/Winslow/Gordon and Nik could be a nightmare for opposing teams once it gels.

The guy almost screams "Im a Hennigan guy Dammit!!!" in every way, except we are not sure of his ceiling. Some say he is a better MKG, but I think that is pretty obvious.

Due to this I have to adjust my top 3 a hair :

1. Mario

2. Winslow

3. Porzingis

I still think Porzingis has an insanely high ceiling, but the more I research Winslow, I feel like he is a perfect culture fit for the Magic. I just prefer the crazy high potential of Mario.

But yeah, when I look at the athleticism of that lineup I posted and think about it in 2 years - it is devestating. Especially if the magic can add a star player in free agency at 2, 3 or 4.

Winslow is absolutely a Henny guy, been saying this for a while now. I think his upside is as high as anyone in this draft and it wouldn't surprise me if NY takes him at #4. If he grows another inch or so (just turned 19) he will be a monster at SF.

Winslow and Johnson are the most Henny guys in the top 10. I'd say one of them is wearing Magic pinstripes next season unless one of the Euro players absolutely blow away EVERYONE in the workout.

Turner is my dark horse pick.

• Upvote 1

I think it's pretty ridiculous how much Euro guys get stereotyped in he draft. I'm positive that Mario's alleged parental issues are different from Rudy Fernandez' parental issues.

I can also see this being a tactic of a team in the 6-10 range hoping Mario falls to them instead of jumping up.

• Upvote 1

I can also see this being a tactic of a team in the 6-10 range hoping Mario falls to them instead of jumping up.

If teams start worrying about father issues than there might not be enough players available for each team to get a pick!

• Upvote 1

The more I read about Winslow the more I think he fits Robs mold perfectly. My only issue is that while he is a two way player, he is not a go to guy on offense.

That being said, he can easily play SF for us. He can easily switch on screens and guard 1-4, and he should be able to stretch the floor pretty well. I also think that a lineup of Payton/Dipo/Winslow/Gordon and Nik could be a nightmare for opposing teams once it gels.

The guy almost screams "Im a Hennigan guy Dammit!!!" in every way, except we are not sure of his ceiling. Some say he is a better MKG, but I think that is pretty obvious.

Due to this I have to adjust my top 3 a hair :

1. Mario

2. Winslow

3. Porzingis

I still think Porzingis has an insanely high ceiling, but the more I research Winslow, I feel like he is a perfect culture fit for the Magic. I just prefer the crazy high potential of Mario.

But yeah, when I look at the athleticism of that lineup I posted and think about it in 2 years - it is devestating. Especially if the magic can add a star player in free agency at 2, 3 or 4.

I've been saying he's a Rob guy. He defends, he is athletic, he can run the break, he is tough minded and a good team player.

Winslow has been my #1 for us and it will stay that way although I really think the Knicks will give him a look at 4 if they don't trade that pick away. Filling out the rest of my rankings would be:

1.Winslow

2.Mario

3.Johnson

4.WCS

5.Booker

Devin Booker is a riser to me. No one talks about him, but his shot is just as good as Mario and he has the size and athleticism (not quite as much as Mario) too. I think he becomes a more talked about prospect in the next month. I wasn't really high on him earlier but the more film you watch of him the more impressive he becomes. Not sure he rises to 5, but if we trade down a few spots I think he could be a target of ours. His game translates well.

Porzingis scouting video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWOjHoJ-U6A

One thing that sticks out to me is this guy looks like Noel except better. And lots of people here want Noel, yet no one seems concerned about his rail thin frame since they have seen him protect the paint for a full season.

If you want to be impressed, FF to the 5:00 mark and watch a seven foot one guy run off screens and hit shots like a SG. I've honestly not seen that very often.

This guy is interesting.

Porzingis's ability to shoot is very intriguing; I never knew had he that much touch. Definitely makes it interesting since in today's game, a stretch 4 is the way to go.

They guy certainly has his question marks, ie. weight and his ability to fill out, but he's a very interesting prospect and he's still only 19. He's one of those guys that probably won't have much of an impact for 2 or 3 years. Plus there's the fact that playing him next to Vucevic, you gain size and still can throw an athletic starting 5 out there.

If Scott Brooks is the guy we're hiring, I think Porzingis is a guy that could thrive in his up-tempo system. If we're hiring Thibodeau, maybe not so much.

Winslow should be high on everyone's list because he's a very low risk pick. You know, worst case scenario, you have a wing defender who is used to playing in big game situations, is an ok shooter, and can handle the ball. Best case scenario, he's somewhere between Jimmy butler and Paul pierce. He's an efficient pick. We know what he is and what he is works in any system with any coach. There are guys with higher ceiling in this draft but they all have more risk.

If the top 4 picks are Towns, Okafor, Russell and Winslow does anyone here think we will take Mudiay? I love Payton as a player probably more than anyone on these boards but isn't Mudiay projected to be a Westbrook, Rose type of player who can score efficiently and create for others.

If the top 4 picks are Towns, Okafor, Russell and Winslow does anyone here think we will take Mudiay? I love Payton as a player probably more than anyone on these boards but isn't Mudiay projected to be a Westbrook, Rose type of player who can score efficiently and create for others.

If Mudiay is there you take him.

• Upvote 1