CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

I'm still under the impression that a defensive big is more important than an offensive wing but it seems like I'm alone in that thought.

Since we saw the Mario highlight video posted, it's only fair to see the others as well.

Mario Hezonja Link

Willie Cauley-Stein Link

Justice Winslow Link

Kristaps Porzingis Link

I think if you're going to draft a big, you have to get WCS. Porzingis is practically another version of Vuc.

Winslow/Hezonja/WCS would be my order if we are going to draft a wing and WCS would jump to the front of that list if we decide to go with a defensive big.

Porzingis is legitimately nothing like Vuc besides the fact that they're both 7 foot tall white guys.

After watching all 4 videos back to back, IMO we take them in the order listed unless somehow Towns of Oka4 fall to us. If we decide we need a big then WCS moves up and could probably trill us with his speed and dunks. Porzingas looks too skinny.

I think we need to have a coach in place before the draft so we can determine whether our main priority is shooting or defense in the middle.

Wow. No.

An offensive big man who is lacking on the defensive end...sounds pretty similar to me.

Yes, his shot stretches to the 3pt line occasionally, but he isn't going to turn into the next Dirk. He doesn't jump that high, he just has long arms. But he is not going to be the offensive force that this team needs, especially when we have a player who arguably has a similar skill set.

He's 4th on my list of my top 4 and I almost want to drop him out of my top 4 completely and replace him with Stanley Johnson. I just don't like his style of play for this team as it is.

After watching Mario's he reminds me a taller version of J Will.

Same wide open and sometimes out of control game and cocky attitude. He would be a hell on the break with Dipo and Payton as long as he can hold up on the D side of the floor.

Would like to see how he measures and tests (wingspan, vertical, etc.) but he could move up once teams get a closer look at him in workouts.

An offensive big man who is lacking on the defensive end...sounds pretty similar to me.

Yes, his shot stretches to the 3pt line occasionally, but he isn't going to turn into the next Dirk. He doesn't jump that high, he just has long arms. But he is not going to be the offensive force that this team needs, especially when we have a player who arguably has a similar skill set.

He's 4th on my list of my top 4 and I almost want to drop him out of my top 4 completely and replace him with Stanley Johnson. I just don't like his style of play for this team as it is.

I'm convinced that you've never watched any of the guy's film

• Upvote 1

I'm convinced that you've never watched any of the guy's film

Or we could just have a different opinion...crazy but that does happen

I watched this video closely and I wasn't impressed. We don't need another offensive big. We need a defensive big and this kid doesn't excel at defense. If the Magic are picking a big, then you have to go with WCS and develop offense around him. It's easier to develop offense than defense. If the Magic are drafting a wing, then go for a 2-way player and hope to sign a free agent defensive big.

It's like how Kobe and JJ Redick are the same player, because both are offense focused wing players who can make 3s.

• Upvote 1

Obviously it should be noted that there's a difference between revealing you're going to pick Osby at 51 when most people think he'll go undrafted and revealing you're going to draft a top guy.

DX had us picking Exum at 4 like most people last year.

I just found it weird the change in direction from the first extended mock to the second considering we didn't move draft position and neither Hezonja or WCS changed their stock. So maybe Givony knows something, but that something could just be "we like a lot of Euro guys this year" or "we're not a fan of WCS".

EDIT: and importantly, maybe he doesn't know anything and I'm just trying to make something out of nothing.

Nope Dx knows exactly wahts up

i just think that's interesting one of these mock site guys (i follow him on twitter) has an actual relationship with rob. not that he's going to tell him or anything, but that was interesting to me. draft prognosticators are usually just garbage idiots spewing talking head crap and it's literally some of the worst sports reporting that can occur. you either don't know prospects that well or you don't know the teams needs/thoughts that well, it's very difficult to be versed at both for all teams and all prospects...so I usually put absouleyl zero stock in mock drafts adn don't even look. but I like DX in that they actually put a ton of work into the details of the prospects and now its interesting to note he has lunch bets with hennigan, doesn't mean anything, but interesting.

It's like how Kobe and JJ Redick are the same player, because both are offense focused wing players who can make 3s.

:shard: