CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

I don't get why you think WCS is a horrible pick at 5? He fills a need on defense and we have other offensive options, so he wouldn't have the pressure of needing to put up points each night.

WCS > Turner x 1000000

I know you're all aboard the slashing SG/SF train, but we also need a defensive big man and WCS is arguably the best on the board.

7 footers with zero offense should be easy to find elsewhere. I wouldn't use draft pick on him.

I'd rather have Porzingas than WCS. If Winslow can become a reliable shooter, I take him, assuming Harris is going to walk. But AG might fill what Winslow offers. For shot blocking purposes and potential, I choose Porzingas.

I don't get why you think WCS is a horrible pick at 5? He fills a need on defense and we have other offensive options, so he wouldn't have the pressure of needing to put up points each night.

WCS > Turner x 1000000

I know you're all aboard the slashing SG/SF train, but we also need a defensive big man and WCS is arguably the best on the board.

We have other offensive options?

WCS > Turner x 1000000

Wcs is much better than Turner but there's not too many successful 22 year old centers who parlay 105 career games into a pinnacle season of 9 points, 6 rebounds, and 1.7 blocks per game.

Wcs is much better than Turner but there's not too many successful 22 year old centers who parlay 105 career games into a pinnacle season of 9 points, 6 rebounds, and 1.7 blocks per game.

Again with the quoting stats without considering the style of play the team used. Can't do that, plus like I said, he wouldn't need to put up points.

I think the only concern with WCS is his desire. I don't think he'd be the next Larry Sanders, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. He's a unique guy with passions outside of basketball and NBA gms don't like that all the time.

Again with the quoting stats without considering the style of play the team used. Can't do that, plus like I said, he wouldn't need to put up points.

I think the only concern with WCS is his desire. I don't think he'd be the next Larry Sanders, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. He's a unique guy with passions outside of basketball and NBA gms don't like that all the time.

They used the same style for three years?

Very good point, but you can also attribute that to the depth that Calipari maintained, the platooning = mins played is responsible for those #'s.

I could be wrong, but all of the bigs, to include Towns could have produced better #'s in the regular season.

Very good point, but you can also attribute that to the depth that Calipari maintained, the platooning = mins played is responsible for those #'s.

I could be wrong, but all of the bigs, to include Towns could have produced better #'s in the regular season.

You can use that argument with towns and his 21 mpg over one season. I don't think you can use that same argument with wcs who has played at least 23 mpg in each of his three seasons and led the team in minutes with 26 per game this season.