CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Definitely sounds like a Henny guy. Interesting he was on that FIBA 19U world team with Gordon and Payton, I didn't know that.

yes, i saw that too. This is one of the reasons that payton and gordon are close now.

Definitely sounds like a Henny guy. Interesting he was on that FIBA 19U world team with Gordon and Payton, I didn't know that.

U19 team also coached by Billy D. Interesting..... Ha ha ha

My top guys are Russel and Mario but I would probably bet that Winslow is in the Magic's crosshairs as the top pick if we are 4 or lower.

Really tough to tell since the amount the Magic have scouted Porzingis and Mario overseas is rather intense as well.

Winslow is a true 2 way player and that is something we need.

Of course Mario is a true shooter and scorer which is something else we need.

Hindsight is 20-20, but Jared Sullinger just had 21 points and 11 boards on 9-17 shooting against Cleveland. While I haven't watched any of his other games this year (I see his stats normally aren't this good), he definitely looked like a better pick than Andrew Nicholson.

U19 team also coached by Billy D. Interesting..... Ha ha ha

I would be really interested to know what Gordon and Payton thought of Donovan. I still don't know if he's the coach for us, but I would like to know as a point of reference when truly considering him.

Hindsight is 20-20, but Jared Sullinger just had 21 points and 11 boards on 9-17 shooting against Cleveland. While I haven't watched any of his other games this year (I see his stats normally aren't this good), he definitely looked like a better pick than Andrew Nicholson.

He's above and beyond a better player than Nicholson will ever be. I remember how bad I wanted us to draft him when we were on the clock, and we passed on him for Nicholson. I'm still mad about that but he dropped because of his injury issues and he has missed a lot of time during his young career because of it. Rob doesn't seem to draft guys with any injury concerns. Sullinger is also constantly battling against his own weight. But, when healthy, he does have a nice offensive game and cleans up on the glass nicely.

He's way better than Nicholson but I don't lose any sleep over that. He's constantly injured

Exactly. It was a safer pick for Rob's first draft as Magic GM.

Nicholson could still be very effective IMO if he could play better defense.

Exactly. It was a safer pick for Rob's first draft as Magic GM.

Nicholson could still be very effective IMO if he could play better defense.

I don't see how he gets better on that end. He's nonathletic, moves terribly, gets backed down easily and can't rebound. I think we know who Drew is at this point. He's a guy that is a liability on one end of the court but is able to come in and knock down some shots when need be, giving him some descent bench value.

And how many players can you say "If X player played better defense he could be more effective" or "If X player played better on offense they could be more effective". That's pretty much every guy coming off the bench in the NBA.

He's way better than Nicholson but I don't lose any sleep over that. He's constantly injured

This. He's a much better player but with he weight issues I think he will have nagging injuries most of his career. Now if he ends up staying healthy and puts up the numbers he's been able to when healthy, than maybe I'll lose like 3 minutes of sleep.