CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Well that was a crappy end to the game. Jerian Grant should have taken the hit and the three shots

But based on your previous post he wouldn't have got the call. Hmmm...

Towns put up numbers tonight. That goes a long way.

I'm still concerned that he won't be able to clear out his with his shoulder every game in the nba. He really needs to get a post move. But he's young.

Well that was a crappy end to the game. Jerian Grant should have taken the hit and the three shots

No. He shouldn't have run to the corner. He could have passed it.

But it's 6 seconds left. What are you going to do

No. He shouldn't have run to the corner. He could have passed it.

But it's 6 seconds left. What are you going to do

Yea, and ND coach wasn't very smart with his TO's. Should have saved one for the end there. 6 seconds with a timeout and you can actually get something going. Dribbling to the corner with no passes just wasn't smart, but can't fault the kid. Kentucky survived and it was a great game. I liked the call by Kentucky to go to the rim and draw the foul to win the game. Sure it's very anti-climatic, but it's so much smarter than hoisting up a long jumper.

If ND had any sort of real size up front they could have won, but they didn't, and they lost.

I'm still concerned that he won't be able to clear out his with his shoulder every game in the nba. He really needs to get a post move. But he's young.

I agree. He has a limited amount of post moves. But he was clutch against a very good post man in Auguste.

The next game will be very interesting. I think Karl and WCS will take turns guarding Kaminsky. Frank has good offense but isn't great at defense. It should be a good match up.

I was nervous but love my cats!

BTW -- Andrew Harrison improving every single game...If he is available in the 2nd round. I don't think that would be an awful selection.

The thing I wasn't really impressed with was the way he actually played. He just scored down low against a team with 1 legit big trying to stay out of foul trouble (and got away with a lot of offensive fouls).. If I wanted someone to do that I'd draft Okafor. Towns is supposed to be the versatile guy who plays great D, is a great passer and ball handler for a big and can hit jumpshots. He didn't really show any of that last night. He couldn't handle Auguste down low at all.

Also WCS hurt his draft stock for me last night when he couldn't post up 6'4 Pat Connaughton at all.

The thing I wasn't really impressed with was the way he actually played. He just scored down low against a team with 1 legit big trying to stay out of foul trouble (and got away with a lot of offensive fouls).. If I wanted someone to do that I'd draft Okafor. Towns is supposed to be the versatile guy who plays great D, is a great passer and ball handler for a big and can hit jumpshots. He didn't really show any of that last night. He couldn't handle Auguste down low at all.

Also WCS hurt his draft stock for me last night when he couldn't post up 6'4 Pat Connaughton at all.

Yeah, that's where I question WCS. His offensive game is Steven Hunter bad. With our pick, if we went big, I'm leaning towards Porzingis.

Is it me or did S. Johnson bomb again?

The bottom line is I doubt any of these guys will come into the NBA and turn the tide of a franchise in the next two to three years.

Is it me or did S. Johnson bomb again?

The bottom line is I doubt any of these guys will come into the NBA and turn the tide of a franchise in the next two to three years.

I think Towns and Okafor will come straight in and make an impact. Russell may, but depending on the situation may take most of the season to get his feet under him. No one knows regarding Mudiay. As far as Johnson's stock goes, it appears he peaked at around 6 or 7 and seems to be falling off to around 10. There are a solid four people I would draft ahead of him at number 5 regardless of position. He looks like a Pietrus type player to me. Not bad, but more worth your MLE once your team is built.