CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

How do you guys feel about Mario Hezonja's ability to perform against NBA talent?

I believe that was one of the concerns of Front Office regarding Dante Exum.

I think they'll do their homework on Mario just like they did on Exum (and saw that he is not the floor general he looked like against skinny white kids) and go from there. Rob knows what he's looking for and he's been right so far.

What?

While yes, half of last year's prospects are injured and the other half still developing, the perception of last year's draft was that it was not as good as originally advertised, so people will see things to justify that sentiment. No one expected this draft to be this good, however, ABC so the comparative perception would lead one to thinking this draft is better than last's, despite the comparative real ability of the players

How do you guys feel about Mario Hezonja's ability to perform against NBA talent?

Certainly a concern with every euro, but Hezonja is playing in a professional league while Exum was playing against Australian high schoolers

Mario actually has the size and athletisim to succeed in the NBA. And Mario is playing against better competition than Exum ever was. I really think he could come in and start from opening night and we would be better off at the SF position than we are now. If i could get 100% confirmation Mario is coming to the NBA next year and would be happy in Orlando, I may have him #1 for us (again, assuming we pick 5th).

VanVleet in particular, has seen his usage rate on the pick and roll skyrocket in the NCAA Tournament. He's been responsible for an outrageous 24 points per game off derived offense from pick and rolls, up from 10.9 during the regular season. For comparison's sake, Chris Paul leads all NBA point guards in this stat at 20.3 per game. VanVleet has found a beautiful balance between scoring and distributing out of the pick and roll, which has made Wichita State extremely difficult to defend as Bill Self can probably attest.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz3VVwMkI2S'>http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz3VVwMkI2S

http://www.draftexpress.com

At this point, if he declares he might not make it to us in the second round but right now he's my #1 guy in the 2nd round. Has potential to be a really good backup point in my opinion.

EDIT: If we can't get VanVleet I'd like to give TJ McConnell a look either in the 2nd round or as an UFA. He has chemistry with AG, he is a pretty good defender, great AST:TO ratio and can make open 3 point shots. Even just as a 3rd PG.

Yesterday Hezonja said to a Spanish newspaper he should be the #1 pick and that he can easily recreate all of Lavine's dunks in the dunk contest.

I'm liking this guy.

Yesterday Hezonja said to a Spanish newspaper he should be the #1 pick and that he can easily recreate all of Lavine's dunks in the dunk contest.

I'm liking this guy.

Unfortunately, four other teams might start liking him more as we get closer to draft day.

Unfortunately, four other teams might start liking him more as we get closer to draft day.

Thats ok. That means someone falls.

I'm liking this guy.

Reading on Draft Express (so obviously taking this with a grain of salt) that his forte is scoring ability and his weeknesses are defense, effort at times, and playing within a team system rather than an iso or pick-and-roll game.

He's European and Versatile, but he just doesn't come off to me as a guy that Henny wants in this culture.

I'm liking this guy.

Apparently after hearing those comments his team decided to keep him of the roster for their game that day despite a bunch of NBA scouts in attendance