Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

Monkey See Monkey Do?

Maybe Dwight's agent should look into Lebron's "how to repair your image" book. Since his agent has essentially helped him destroy his image this far maybe he would like to know how to get his image back (if possible).

Sort of like a Dale Carnegie Course for prima donna athletes.

At minimum, Dwight and Lebron left their teams on equally horrendous terms. Lebron going back doesn't change that.

Not saying Lebron's way was right by any stretch of the imagination. But he played out his contract. Dwight did the opt in thing, then handcuffed the team to absolutely minimize the value of the return we could get for him. If Dwight didn't pull the last second opt in to his contract, went unrestricted and left I'd still have some sort of respect for him. Respectfully to you, they both handled their situations poorly, but Dwight was much worse in my opinion.

Not saying Lebron's way was right by any stretch of the imagination. But he played out his contract. Dwight did the opt in thing, then handcuffed the team to absolutely minimize the value of the return we could get for him. If Dwight didn't pull the last second opt in to his contract, went unrestricted and left I'd still have some sort of respect for him. Respectfully to you, they both handled their situations poorly, but Dwight was much worse in my opinion.

To be fair, what LeBron did prompted Dwight and other stars to pull the crap they did because teams didn't want to risk losing players with high value for nothing. Melo and CP3 were in this same boat, but Dwight handled it the worst out of everyone.

I know what Dwight did to Orlando was BS but I think any of you would be fools to not want him back because we're the scorned lover. If you look at Cleveland, after 4 years, they got over it. It's only been 2 for Orlando and I think after another couple of years, we would be willing to welcome him back.

I'm imagining a scenario like

5-Howard

4-Vuc

3-Gordon

2-Dipo

1-Payton

I think any of you if you take out the Dwight bias, would take that and you know it.

Now Durant to Orlando is another discussion all together.

I know what Dwight did to Orlando was BS but I think any of you would be fools to not want him back because we're the scorned lover. If you look at Cleveland, after 4 years, they got over it. It's only been 2 for Orlando and I think after another couple of years, we would be willing to welcome him back.

5-Howard

4-Vuc

3-Gordon

2-Dipo

1-Payton

I think any of you if you take out the Dwight bias, would take that and you know it.

That is one nasty starting line-up if any one of our 1-3 could develop a 3 point shot. No one is scoring on that team though.

That is one nasty starting line-up if any one of our 1-3 could develop a 3 point shot. No one is scoring on that team though.

I don't know, Oladipo seems to be much more explosive this season from the little I saw in SL (I also realize that most of those are college guys who haven't gone against legit NBA talent yet) and I think Oladipo could turn into a 20pt 8ast guy this season.

Vuc had a really solid offensive season last year I thought and with Dwight at the 5, he could focus more on offense than defense and rebounding.

I think Harris is a fantastic 6th man and could easily give 15pts a game.

I saw splashes of Paytons ability throughout SL games...could easily become a MCW guy who is a threat to bust out a triple double every night.

Gordon just needs to lock himself in the gym and work on his shot. I saw a couple of 15-17 ft shots, so the ability is there. He just needs to work at it more instead of just relying on his freak athleticism.

I don't know, Oladipo seems to be much more explosive this season from the little I saw in SL (I also realize that most of those are college guys who haven't gone against legit NBA talent yet) and I think Oladipo could turn into a 20pt 8ast guy this season.

Vuc had a really solid offensive season last year I thought and with Dwight at the 5, he could focus more on offense than defense and rebounding.

I think Harris is a fantastic 6th man and could easily give 15pts a game.

I saw splashes of Paytons ability throughout SL games...could easily become a MCW guy who is a threat to bust out a triple double every night.

Gordon just needs to lock himself in the gym and work on his shot. I saw a couple of 15-17 ft shots, so the ability is there. He just needs to work at it more instead of just relying on his freak athleticism.

This team truly is becoming in the perfect positon for Howard to return. However, if he did return, he would be seen as a LeBron copy-cat - something he would most certainly never want to be accused as.

Now that LeBron has done this, I don't think there's a chance in the world with his ego that he would do it. He's also got a good thing going for him in Houston. Harden, Parsons, Ariza, and the like. They'll be a contending team for years to come with Dwight manning the middle. It wasn't like with James where he was literally carrying a team of aging vets and there was little future for the franchise.

This team truly is becoming in the perfect positon for Howard to return. However, if he did return, he would be seen as a LeBron copy-cat - something he would most certainly never want to be accused as.

Now that LeBron has done this, I don't think there's a chance in the world with his ego that he would do it. He's also got a good thing going for him in Houston. Harden, Parsons, Ariza, and the like. They'll be a contending team for years to come with Dwight manning the middle. It wasn't like with James where he was literally carrying a team of aging vets and there was little future for the franchise.

Sorry, but that core doesn't see the WCF in the next two seasons.

I would be shocked if Dwight ever wears a Magic uniform again for the following reasons:

1. It is not a homecoming for him. That would be Atlanta. Dwight has sold or is selling his place in Orlando. He has no roots to return here unlike Lebron who kept a home in Ohio. I always found it interesting that Dwight never mentions his hometown Atlanta in most anything.

2. His personality and way he goes about things is not how this current Magic team does things. He would not fit the profile of someone the Magic would want. Unlike Lebron, Dwight has blown all his opportunities to repair his image. Sometimes I think Oladipo and most of our younger players already show a more mature perception throughtout the league than Dwight.

3. He is currently not playing at a level he will demand pay wise. The Magic will not throw money at that. The older he gets the less athletic he will get and unlike most other bigs who have made it in the league a long time, he has a worse mid range shot and foul shot than most.

4. Dwight is not a recruiter and no one seriously wants to play with him or they would have teamed up with him by now. Dwight will never win a championship the way he does things now. He couldn't recruit here for the Magic. It appears he can't recruit for Houston either losing out on Bosh and Melo to name a few.

For me to welcome Dwight back to this team, he would have to apologize to this city, change his attitude and perception like Lebron did, and take on a fair contract. I don't see any of those three, much less one of them happening anytime soon and it is a shame.

Congrats to Gortat for getting his. That is guy who put in the work from the bottom, up. Well deserving and he would actually fit our current team better than Dwight. I would always welcome Gortat back.

• Upvote 4

5-Howard

4-Vuc

3-Gordon

2-Dipo

1-Payton

yeah and cavs fans have been acting pathetic for the last week. lol @ vucc at PF do u honestly watch this team at all? why would we take out dwight bias? he's not a leader and not a good person