ball junkie

Who's going to be our starting PG ??? (zach lowe)

T he bad thing about these signings is that there is nothing to talk about.

T he bad thing about these signings is that there is nothing to talk about.

It's like all the good stuff already happened in the first 4 seasons, and now there's basically nothing to look forward to.

Elfrid needs the minutes but there are interesting vet options in the free agent market. Now, whether or not they want to come to Orlando vs. a contender is another discussion but here are a few that jumped out to me.

DJ Augustin -- played really well for Chicago. Looked like a completely different player once he got away from Charlotte (maybe thats a good sign for Ben Gordon?)

Mo Williams -- has been around, played for contenders and lottery teams, maybe he could be the mentor?

Aaron Brooks -- any guesses as to what type of salary he'd want? He has been on teams that are in the hunt and didn't produce. Maybe he'd be willing to take a less pressured position?

Heck even these names could be interesting:

Ramon Sessions

Devin Harris

Rodney Stuckey (I know we've talked about him before...notice where he is on the list too)

Greivis Vasquez

_____

Obviously, the goal is the let Payton grow...but it wouldn't hurt to have a solid backup who could play starter minutes if we needed him to

Thoughts?

I could see us going in for a guy like Brian Roberts just a solid guy who can pass and shoot. We do need a PG but we don't really want a guard who's going to take up 35 minutes a night.

I could see us going in for a guy like Brian Roberts just a solid guy who can pass and shoot. We do need a PG but we don't really want a guard who's going to take up 35 minutes a night.

How about Rodrigue Beaubois? I was surprised by his downfall

I don't know Beaubois was pretty horrible his last year in Dallas and he didn't even play in the league last year. It'd be a big risk.

i think vic starts for the first few months at pg with ep backing.

with 3 years of college experience playing only pg, I thought ep would handle ball pressure better. He did lead college in turnovers, but that was also do to the fact he pushed the ball so much.

It is only summer league but I want to see more. I am not asking for 20pt per game or 10 assist. I just want to see him get the team in to its offense, get in the lane, and play good defense.

BTW, A. Gordon pass to a guard please. The defenses are better in the nba. You are getting ripped. If you did not know. sl's 1st lesson. Game 1

he seems to have lost confidence in his shooting. I think we go with a vet with more experience or a shooting pg like curry. It does need to be a player that does not mind riding the bench.