CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

Jabari has been really bad in SL.

He might have a Melo potential but he also has Derrick Williams potential in my opinion too.

You're unfortunate

Unfortunate that I have to put up with you, maybe.

I know summer league is not overly important but here are the numbers:

Dante Exum (GP) 3 (MINS) 25.3 (PTS) 7.3 (FG) 8-20 (FG%) 0.400 (RBS) 2.7 (ASTS) 3.0 (STLS) 0.70 (BLKS) 0.30

Elfrid Payton (GP) 5 (MINS) 25.8 (PTS) 9.2 (FG) 16-27 (FG%) 0.593 (RBS) 5.2 (ASTS) 7.0 (STLS) 1.40 (BLKS) 0.60

Dante Exum (GP) 3 (MINS) 25.3 (PTS) 7.3 (FG) 8-20 (FG%) 0.400 (RBS) 2.7 (ASTS) 3.0 (STLS) 0.70 (BLKS) 0.30

Elfrid Payton (GP) 5 (MINS) 25.8 (PTS) 9.2 (FG) 16-27 (FG%) 0.593 (RBS) 5.2 (ASTS) 7.0 (STLS) 1.40 (BLKS) 0.60

i really like payton

Jabari has been really bad in SL.

Yeah it's weird. I think he will be really good though and a star. But he is having a Durant summer league so far. Luckily it is not a huge deal.

I look at Exum and I see a guy who could be amazing to watch as a scoring guard. A potential derrick rose type

Payton to me just looks like a real point guard who can be one of the best true PGs in the league. By that I mean a guy who fills the stat sheet, disrupts plays, and creates easy buckets for his teammates.

Yeah it's weird. I think he will be really good though and a star. But he is having a Durant summer league so far. Luckily it is not a huge deal.

I look at Exum and I see a guy who could be amazing to watch as a scoring guard. A potential derrick rose type

Payton to me just looks like a real point guard who can be one of the best true PGs in the league. By that I mean a guy who fills the stat sheet, disrupts plays, and creates easy buckets for his teammates.

I think one of the most impressive unexpected things for me so far from his 5 games was his shooting percentage, yes it is a low sample size, but he seems to take good high percentage shots, he will be one of those players that can will be very efficient. I would like to say he does things that are not record in the box score, but then you look at his stats and he contributes well in nearly all areas. I for one am very excited that if I had to change my favorite player from Jameer to someone else, I am glad I have Payton to switch on to.

Leonard was a 75% free throw shooter in college...Gordon shot 42%

Good luck with that....

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/san-diego-state/kawhi-leonard

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/aaron-gordon-1.html

For once junkie is the voice of reason....

people keep comparing gordon to kawhi.....kawhi showed he had a base for improving because he was a good FT shooter......gordon is a terrible foul shooter, if AG does not get alot better @ the line, he will probably never have a jumper either

For once junkie is the voice of reason....

people keep comparing gordon to kawhi.....kawhi showed he had a base for improving because he was a good FT shooter......gordon is a terrible foul shooter, if AG does not get alot better @ the line, he will probably never have a jumper either

I don't think any one is debating your point as it seems to be "if he doesn't learn to shoot free throws well then he most likely won't be able to shoot well either". I mean Bruce Bowen shot well from 3 and not from the free throw line but I'd agree that's it is not likely.

I think most people are trying to point out that a player improving their shooting ability seems to happen often in the NBA. Eg. Leonard.

It's not like having a good defense precludes you from having a good offense. The Spurs were top 4 in both their eFG% and their eFG% allowed. They were elite on both offense AND defense.

yes but while they have remained strong on D all these years, they did not get back to the finals until they were willing to adjust and become a more offensive team.