CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

He is 18 years old and has only been coached for a week by an NBA assistant. Kid is a hard worker but extremely raw in all aspects.

If you see the same stuff next year in summer league then we might have a problem but a full year in our development program will do him wonders.

Yeah I keep trying to tell myself, "he's just 18, he's just 18.."

I think he starts as a 3 and grows into a 4.

The Magic like cross training players much like playing Dipo at PG for much of the season before moving him to SG. It will only help his development learning skills at various positions.

Exactly, I think he may contribute more at the 3 as a rookie more anymore due to his size. I just hope he works on his post game and his 10-15 ft jumpers and not focus on 3 point shooting as much. I think he could easily get to 235 lbs by next year and will be stronger so he can focus more on playing PF

I also look forward to that day (at least from a Noel/Olidipo perspective).....You are criticizing me for not believing in all things Henny does.....Yet, you use the word "if" when talking about the same thing( Henny's plan)....I think that's pretty telling.

The 'if' is used as I am a realistic fan. I am not going to guarantee success out of the plan that is in place, though I am very happy with it and believe it will be. You on the other hand seem to already classify this as a failure even though we are only about halfway through the rebuild. In two years time, maybe then will be the time to evaluate whether it is a success or not, but not before our 'new' team, post Dwight era, which I remind you have yet to play a game.

How about I give you a little challenge (you may accept it or not) of highlighting what you are happy with atm, or what you are excited to see for the coming season? A little bit of optimism doesn't hurt anyone.

Yeah I keep trying to tell myself, "he's just 18, he's just 18.."

And then next year you just have to keep telling yourself "He's just 19, he's just 19." Then The following year you will have to keep telling yourself "He's just 20 he's just 20." But then the following year you will have to keep telling yourself "This kid is just 21, just 21?"

The combination of Aaron Gordon's terrible shooting + his offensive mentality (he acts like he's Ray Allen or something) is really bothering me.

Someone talk me off the ledge, I know it's just SL but the panic is real.

I couldn't be happier with Payton or Marble though.

I don't think it will be an issue once the real stuff starts (or at least we will get an idea come preseason). He will be on the court with players who will feature more offensively that he will be able to do what he is good at in cleaning up the offensive boards and slashing. I reckon he gets bought on pretty slowly anyway. Summer league can be taken with a grain of salt. Look at the shooting percentages of some of the best players playing in the summer league, does that mean they are going to shoot those awful percentages during the regular season? Highly unlikely as they won't be the center pieces, same can be said of Gordon and his usage on O.

Exum makes his NBA debut Saturday night on NBATV at 10:30...I know some of you will be lurking, lol.

Right, what else could there be to do on a Saturday night?

I'm just happy we didn't draft smart. I can't imagine the pessimism on here if that happened.

He's currently 3-17 from 3 and shooting 25% from the field

And then next year you just have to keep telling yourself "He's just 19, he's just 19." Then The following year you will have to keep telling yourself "He's just 20 he's just 20." But then the following year you will have to keep telling yourself "This kid is just 21, just 21?"

He adjusted his game on many occasions, I'm pretty sure he can do it once again. As long as he continues to play strong defense I'm fine.

• Upvote 1

I'm just happy we didn't draft smart. I can't imagine the pessimism on here if that happened.

He's currently 3-17 from 3 and shooting 25% from the field

He might as well give up basketball, no player has ever increased their fg % after playing few games in summer league.