CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

Not only did the Magic win, but it was not really close once the 4th quarter hit. The Magic summer league squad is pretty loaded.

As for Exum, I think we will see growing pains from that guy as well. It will be a few years before we will be able to say who picked the right players. I have a feeling Gordon is going to deliver for us. He reminds me a little of 18 year old Dwight, just in the way that he can dominate everyone with athleticism, but hasn't put his game together yet.

The thing with Aaron Gordon to me is that he's getting comparisons to Bo Outlaw and Ben Wallace which I feel are pretty extreme. I understand his percentages are low, but his shot form is nowhere near broken. He actually has pretty decent form. Obviously he needs a lot of work, but he's 18 and he doesn't have a completely broken starting point.

Marble was just as described when we drafted him; good at everything, but not great at any one thing.

In 17 minutes, 2-3 on threes, 3-4 on twos, 1-2 on FT's for 13 points. 5 rebounds and 3 steals, 2 assists.

Remember when Kobe came into the league at 18. He was really raw and had to work on his shooting as well. Gordon and Payton will be just fine. You have the rookie jitters and them trying to do to much to show they belong. They have plenty of time to improve

Edit: As someone mentioned earlier, it's pretty good that Payton had 5 asst in 18 mins.

all i'm saying is it might be unrealistic to expect a 42% free throw shooter to develop any touch

this forum is going to be hilarious if exum does well

Gonna be a lot of "I told you so" posts and you know what, it will be rightfully so. If Vonleh turns out good as well, (and I'll always believe we could have gotten him in a trade with Charlotte at #9), I'm gonna be majorly pissed that we could have had an Exum-Vonleh combo. That said, Gordon showed some flashes today that give a hint that he could become really special. Payton? Way too early to declare anything off on one Summer League game. Of course, Oladipo looked crappy in at least one of those last summer that I recall. So, let's see how things play out.

This board will go nuts when Exum has a great summer league game, lol.

yup

good thing our rookies have more games first.

This is how I see us starting the season off after watching sl.

Vuch / Quinn/ Dedmon

A.Gordon / Harris / Nickoloson

Harkless / Marble /

Evan / Green / B.Gordon

Victor / Payton

Even though Gordon's not ready to start, I think we start him. He needs to develop and he rounds out the starting line up with defense.

We drafted him too high not to start him.

we will probably sign a summer league fa player and a vet