CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

Everyone projects Gordon to start at 3 and move to 4, and I expect Vonleh to make the same progression from 4 to 5. Do you think Gordon has more upside at the 4 than Vonleh at the 5?

Do we really believe that Vonleh has the ability to add so much muscle that he would be able to bang with the best of them? For some odd reason, unless you're going small ball, I don't see Vonleh playing the 5 with his outside jumper. If he is, you can be sure they'll have a 4 who bangs inside for an inside-outside game.

Ok. Full stop:

WHO said Henny was a God-like figure? Right now, I want you to answer that question.

*slowly slides Henny shrine into closet*

• Upvote 4

Everyone projects Gordon to start at 3 and move to 4, and I expect Vonleh to make the same progression from 4 to 5. Do you think Gordon has more upside at the 4 than Vonleh at the 5?

You expect Vonleh to play the 5? Maybe, but I think he is a 4.

I think Gordon at the 4 has massive upside due to the fact the he can defend 4s already.

But I am also starting to see him at the 3 as a beast. The question there is shooting of course. Let's imagine he gets his shot. With his form, I believe this is possible. People who harp on his FT% fail to acknowledge that he was shooting his FTs with different form than his 3. His form from midrange and deep is not broken. It just needs work.

You can play Gordon at 4 but I believe if his shooting develops the Magic will use him spread out on offense like a SF where he can take opposing PF's off the dribble. The reason I like him as a pseudo 4 is because he can guard SFs and shut them down. This guy is built to give Lebron fits.

The distinction between 3 and 4 is more and more blurred. You see LBJ and Melo for example playing both. They play the PF in the way I am describing.

Basically Gordon makes a guy like tobias Harris much more valuable. Those 2 together are a perfect fit since Harris can guard the 4 and hopefully also develop his outside shot as well. the opposing team would have to either go small to defend this or accept that their Pf is going to have to go out and chase Gordon around for 4 quarters.

I'm not trying to be a trouble-maker or a troll or anything else you guys wanna call me.......Grades from ESPN:

Nerlens Noel, Philadelphia 76ers | Grade: B

Watching the 76ers' summer league team is entertaining if only because this could end up being their actual regular-season roster –- and Noel only helps with that entertainment factor. There aren’t many guys who can re-jump quite like him. That’s part of what makes him so successful on the court -- his ability to leave the ground quicker than everyone else after the initial leap. Monday, he showed that off as a defender, blocking four shots. He also ran the floor as well as any big man in Vegas, finishing on a couple dunks in transition. --Katz

Dante Exum, Utah Jazz | Grade: B

Don’t let the uninspiring stat line 6-and-2 fool you. Exum was quick and decisive in the pick-and-roll, looking more like a veteran practitioner than the “unknown entity” he was labeled as leading up to the draft. While there weren’t nearly as many flashy displays as there were in his debut, Exum showed tonight that there’s some steak with his sizzle. --Foster

Also, ESPN has a video on the front page with Kevin Arnowitz chatting with David Thorpe and Ethan Strauss....He asks them who has been the most impressive and Thorpe immediately says Nerlens and compares him to Anthony Davis...Says he doesn't know if his offense will evolve like Davis but there isn't any reason it can't either.

I'll add that Noel is shooting free throws in summer league at about 75% last I checked...That's a good sign.

Strauss immediately says Dante Exum......And quickly rattles off comparisons to Kobe and Penny Hardaway.

We could have had both guys....Guess we'll all be evaluating the next couple years.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/69724/las-vegas-summer-league-day-4-grades

http://espn.go.com/nba/

I'm not trying to be a trouble-maker or a troll or anything else you guys wanna call me.......Grades from ESPN:

Nerlens Noel, Philadelphia 76ers | Grade: B

Watching the 76ers' summer league team is entertaining if only because this could end up being their actual regular-season roster –- and Noel only helps with that entertainment factor. There aren’t many guys who can re-jump quite like him. That’s part of what makes him so successful on the court -- his ability to leave the ground quicker than everyone else after the initial leap. Monday, he showed that off as a defender, blocking four shots. He also ran the floor as well as any big man in Vegas, finishing on a couple dunks in transition. --Katz

Dante Exum, Utah Jazz | Grade: B

Don’t let the uninspiring stat line 6-and-2 fool you. Exum was quick and decisive in the pick-and-roll, looking more like a veteran practitioner than the “unknown entity” he was labeled as leading up to the draft. While there weren’t nearly as many flashy displays as there were in his debut, Exum showed tonight that there’s some steak with his sizzle. --Foster

Also, ESPN has a video on the front page with Kevin Arnowitz chatting with David Thorpe and Ethan Strauss....He asks them who has been the most impressive and Thorpe immediately says Nerlens and compares him to Anthony Davis...Says he doesn't know if his offense will evolve like Davis but there isn't any reason it can't either.

I'll add that Noel is shooting free throws in summer league at about 75% last I checked...That's a good sign.

Strauss immediately says Dante Exum......And quickly rattles off comparisons to Kobe and Penny Hardaway.

We could have had both guys....Guess we'll all be evaluating the next couple years.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/69724/las-vegas-summer-league-day-4-grades

http://espn.go.com/nba/

We could have Divac and Ceballos for Shaq or Kobe for T-Mac back in the days. Learn to love the player we have.

• Upvote 1

Did someone delete my response to Junkie's last post? Or did my crappy computer just eat it?

It's possible I deleted it, my comment, and who knows what else when I forgot to lock my phone before putting it in my pocket.

It's possible I deleted it, my comment, and who knows what else when I forgot to lock my phone before putting it in my pocket.

Ok. I didn't want to rewrite the whole thing if it had been deleted intentionally for some reason.

I thought I was losing my mind today when I was waiting for a responses to a post, to then check and see it was no where to be found... haha... well hope it was an accidental delete and not a lost mind.

Ok. I didn't want to rewrite the whole thing if it had been deleted intentionally for some reason.

Usually when a mod "deletes" a post, we only remove it from view and we can still see it, so I'll assume ? pocket deleted your post since it's completely gone.