CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

Even Blake Griffon had a real limited game - I could see Gordon taking a similar path. I hope.

griffin averaged 22pts a game in college and 22pts early in the nba. griffin is a scorer and player that gets to the line and rebounds. gordon is a great one on one defender and good passer. gordon is more shawn marion, than blake griffin. I dont see him scoring 20pts a game anytime soon.

I don't so much mind that James went back. What I mind is them getting those 3 No1 picks. And like you said, incompetence (bennett), rewards you with Wiggins, which may or may not have helped reward you with Lebron. Too much of a coincidence (.007% of winning 3 lotteries) for me to believe there isn't some sort of motive with all of it. I mean, think about how much the NBA is eating this up. It's the perfect story that will continue to become more and more compelling as the year goes on.

they lost lebron

immediately got a new franchise guy and proceeded to ***** it up

they spend a bunch of money only to make a terrible coaching hire last year, and finish with the 9th worst record

yet improbably they get wiggins, it's just BS man

they get 2 franchise players in 4 drafts, plus lebron comes back, meanwhile the magic get boned both lotteries, luckily the cavs took oliver miller first last year

griffin averaged 22pts a game in college and 22pts early in the nba. griffin is a scorer and player that gets to the line and rebounds. gordon is a great one on one defender and good passer. gordon is more shawn marion, than blake griffin. I dont see him scoring 20pts a game anytime soon.

Blake Griffin actually had these Summer League numbers as a rookie:

PTS: 19.2

FG%: 50%

REB: 10.8

AST: 3.2

STL: 1

BLK: 0.4

Our boy Aaron Gordon had:

PTS: 7.8

FG%: 35%

REB: 5

AST: 1.2

STL: 0

Just comparing them, you're right, he's definitely not like Blake Griffin. I'm really surprised that Gordon had zero steals in the five games he played considering his defensive abilities. As far as offensively, if he is on the court with at the end of a game with the game winning shot needing to be taken, Gordon would be the absolute last option to take the shot at this point. He's a project offensively. Hopefully his defensive capabilities far exceed his lack of any real offensive game

• Upvote 1

I don´t know why Randle didn´t play LA first summer league game, but let´s wait and see, what this guy can do.

Great job, Henny.....

Sam Gidaro (Philly)

What did you think of Nerlens in OPSL?

Kevin Pelton (6:02 PM)

Nothing he did surprised me. I’ve believed all along that, ACL injury or no, he was the best prospect in the 2013 Draft.

And for the record, next to a good shooter like Vucevic he would have been perfect !

Time to see what the Austrailian wonder boy looks like tonight....Whom by the way most everyone on here was touting as the next Penny and probably the most talented guy in the draft.

As one poster earlier said....We did all that tanking to get Aaron Gordon.

Great job, Henny.....

Sam Gidaro (Philly)

What did you think of Nerlens in OPSL?

Kevin Pelton (6:02 PM)

Nothing he did surprised me. I’ve believed all along that, ACL injury or no, he was the best prospect in the 2013 Draft.

You are seriously complaining that we (and 5 other teams mind you) and didn't draft an injury riddled big man who we knew couldn't play the first season?

How dare you use your brain Henny!

Oladipo all day.

Blake Griffin actually had these Summer League numbers as a rookie:

PTS: 19.2

FG%: 50%

REB: 10.8

AST: 3.2

STL: 1

Our boy Aaron Gordon had:

PTS: 7.8

FG%: 35%

REB: 5

AST: 1.2

STL: 0

Just comparing them, you're right, he's definitely not like Blake Griffin. I'm really surprised that Gordon had zero steals in the five games he played considering his defensive abilities. As far as offensively, if he is on the court with at the end of a game with the game winning shot needing to be taken, Gordon would be the absolute last option to take the shot at this point. He's a project offensively. Hopefully his defensive capabilities far exceed his lack of any real offensive game

Yup, there is a reason I said Gordon is a great one on one defender. His off the ball awarness sucks. I can understand him not shooting or scoring, or hitting his fts. I really expected that early. What I would really like to see is him flying around grabbing/swatting balls out of the air or playing passing lanes with energy and hustle, but he doesn't because he does not play off the ball well. I was a fraid of this and was watching it closely. In college he only had like 1blk and 1stl per game.

It is still early. Plus, Payton and marble make me feel much better about waiting for Gordon's development. On a possitive note, Gordon's one on one defense is already better than harkless's, but harkless is better at playing passing lanes.

Yup, there is a reason I said Gordon is a great one on one defender. His off the ball awarness sucks. I can understand him not shooting or scoring, or hitting his fts. I really expected that early. What I would really like to see is him flying around grabbing/swatting balls out of the air or playing passing lanes with energy and hustle, but he doesn't because he does not play off the ball well. I was a fraid of this and was watching it closely. In college he only had like 1blk and 1stl per game.

You're upset that he doesn't gamble for steals?

At this point, I'm convinced that half this board just wants something to be upset about.

It is still early. Plus, Payton and marble make me feel much better about waiting for Gordon's development. On a possitive note, Gordon's one on one defense is already better than harkless's, but harkless is better at playing passing lanes.

Gordon, at the age of 18, has probably the most defensive awareness of anybody in this draft, at Arizona he was almost always in the right spot on defense in terms of rotating and helping. He is in no way a bad off the ball defender. Steals =/= defense.

You're upset that he doesn't gamble for steals?

At this point, I'm convinced that half this board just wants something to be upset about.

it is not always about gambling. it is about awarness, energy, hand speed, and quickness. A great example is noel for the 76ers. has been getting a lot of steals because of his hand speed, awarness, hustle, and pressing his man off the ball. A player does not have to over play a passing lane to the point that he allows easy scores, but he can deny the ball, get defections, or rotate quickly on defense to cause turnovers.