CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

Maybe being an NBA superstar equates to having the most twitter mentions. That definitely definitely should matter in contract negotiations.

Marion was never a #1 guy but was definitely a "star" back in the day. He was a freggin' "all STAR" four times, I think that's pretty much the end of it right there.

To get back to the point if Gordon ends up being anything like that I'd be thrilled.

Anybody see the Nick Johnson dunk from Saturday? Awesome play. That and the Jarnell Stokes dunk yesterday. Unfortunately for Tim Ohlbrecht he was on the receiving end of both.

Still has Spalding tattooed on his forehead. This guy is a joke, seriously.

• Upvote 2

So what are we looking forward to during Summer League today folks? I'm hoping to see a more consistent performance from Gordon and Payton today. Also hoping Rick Kamla isn't covering the Magic game, as his voice makes me want to smother someone.

So what are we looking forward to during Summer League today folks? I'm hoping to see a more consistent performance from Gordon and Payton today. Also hoping Rick Kamla isn't covering the Magic game, as his voice makes me want to smother someone.

I think Payton starts and plays a lot of minutes...thought I heard Dipo was only playing the 1st game to get some work.

Houston doesn't have the defensive types in the back court like the Sixers had so we should see Payton get a chance to run. The Sixers were even giving Dipo problems getting up the court.

Two players that make the roster IMO would be Marble and Osby.. Osby can take nicholsons 8-10 minutes and actually hustle and play well on both ends of the ball. Marble can flat out shoot the ball with confidence something that Harkless has shown he has none of. Sad to think all the athletic ability Harkless has but he just doesn't seem to be confident/assertive when he is on the court.

I know hate is a strong word but I hate that guy.

I think Payton starts and plays a lot of minutes...thought I heard Dipo was only playing the 1st game to get some work.

Houston doesn't have the defensive types in the back court like the Sixers had so we should see Payton get a chance to run. The Sixers were even giving Dipo problems getting up the court.

Most people after the first game or at least it seemed a vast majority drew the conclusion that Dipo would be the Magic starter in the fall at PG....Most of the players in summer league are a notch below the level of play you will get/see during regular NBA games.

You stated that the Sixer summer league guys were giving Dipo a hard time getting the ball up the court.

Is this a good thing, iyo ...???