Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Summer Trade Proposal Thread

To clear space for Melo.

they can amnesty boozer and trade mdj. along with their scrap. taj is an actually valued piece so unloading taj is an absolute last ditch effort. if it came down to adding taj in a s&t for melo they'd do it while swallowing a huge lump in their throats. giving taj to orlando just to clear space is just not going to happen. garpax happens to be too prideful for that and they love the guy too much.

regardless, this team needs steady scoring. somehow, bad

Steals and Fastbreaks all the way!

I actually have no issue with the lack of 'scorers' on our team, if anything it puts more pressure on our current roster to improve shooting. We know we will have no issue getting in the paint, scoring in the paint and getting to the FT line. We also know that we have a few player that are more than capable of hitting the open three, just not that many who can pull up off the dribble or get their own good shot when the time is ticking down.

As of Gordon and Payton, I actually think Gordon will surprise a lot of us, his shooting action is good and he will have plenty of time to practice. Payton's on the other hand is terrible, like as bad as Harkless' form. I would say not many of us are confident Harkless will improve his shooting to a satisfactory level (why I think a lot of us have given up on him and put him in with Nicholson on the most probably won't be here for too long list). Hopefully Payton proves wrong here, but I think he will head down the Rubio and Rondo line of shooting (hopefully he just stays true to his driving game and doesn't settle for shots all the time).

as far as winning against better teams thats what we're missing. we can fawn all over the spurs all we want. it doesn't change the fact that their team ball consists of 4 fantastic iso scorers. we don't have that. unless you're counting whenever dipo has the speed on a guard. when a good defense straps down we aren't making the shots needed.

I agree with most of what you said kane.

as far as winning against better teams thats what we're missing. we can fawn all over the spurs all we want. it doesn't change the fact that their team ball consists of 4 fantastic iso scorers. we don't have that. unless you're counting whenever dipo has the speed on a guard. when a good defense straps down we aren't making the shots needed.

I agree with most of what you said kane.

This should probably go in the free agent thread, but it does pertain to what you said about our lack of iso scorers. This is why I would like to see us make a play for Parsons, unless he goes for crazy money. I understand the philosophy of saving our cap money for a superstar, but unless Rob truly believes that is going to happen, I don't, then let's spend that money on one or two potential or at least borderline all stars who can put the ball in the hoop from outside the paint. I yearn for the days when we could pass the ball around the half court with at least 3 guys who could hit the 3 pointer when open.

Steals and Fastbreaks all the way!

I actually have no issue with the lack of 'scorers' on our team, if anything it puts more pressure on our current roster to improve shooting. We know we will have no issue getting in the paint, scoring in the paint and getting to the FT line. We also know that we have a few player that are more than capable of hitting the open three, just not that many who can pull up off the dribble or get their own good shot when the time is ticking down.

As of Gordon and Payton, I actually think Gordon will surprise a lot of us, his shooting action is good and he will have plenty of time to practice. Payton's on the other hand is terrible, like as bad as Harkless' form. I would say not many of us are confident Harkless will improve his shooting to a satisfactory level (why I think a lot of us have given up on him and put him in with Nicholson on the most probably won't be here for too long list). Hopefully Payton proves wrong here, but I think he will head down the Rubio and Rondo line of shooting (hopefully he just stays true to his driving game and doesn't settle for shots all the time).

Harkless shot 38% from 3 this past year.

Harkless shot 38% from 3 this past year.

Yeah, Duhon shot 42% from 3 in his last year here but nobody considered him to be a sharp shooter. Harkless' 3 point shot isn't a major part of his game and he doesn't make enough of them to keep defenses keyed on it. It's more of a he can make them if he's wide open thing.