Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2014 Playoffs Thread

How was that a flagrant on Speights? He fouled him hard but essentially he did go for the ball.

They don't want things escalating. You make that call so there's no more flagrant fouls in the future. The players know how the game will be called with that one.

They don't want things escalating. You make that call so there's no more flagrant fouls in the future. The players know how the game will be called with that one.

I suppose but a player should be allowed to try to prevent the opportunity for an and one.

I suppose but a player should be allowed to try to prevent the opportunity for an and one.

Sure, but in a heated series, it was a good move by the refs. If he doesn't wrap his arms around Blake, it's not called a flagrant.

They've been quiet the rest of the game though. A few no-calls that could have been, and Blake was definitely frustrated by those. I think it's been pretty good officiating so far.

This year's Memphis/OKC series has been one of the best I've had the pleasure of watching.

The thunder offense looks horrible when the individual volume shots aren't falling. Durant and Westbrook may be scapegoats. They were saved by Reggie Jackson in game 4. For some reason, I don't believe the two can co-exist. Calling >>>>>>>Hennessey.

If I'm Sam Presti now I'm showing Scott Brooks the door if they don't win this series. Go after Kevin Ollie, Durant respects him a lot. Literally every move OKC makes in the next 2 years needs to be with the thought "will this help us keep KD when his contract is up". They need a better bench, another big and a system/coach that gets Westbrook buying into being less of a scorer and more of a playmaker/defensive player. I honestly feel like Westbrook could come close to averaging a triple double in the right system with the right mindset, what he can't be aloud to do is jack up garbage shots without reprimand.

• Upvote 1

If I'm Sam Presti now I'm showing Scott Brooks the door if they don't win this series. Go after Kevin Ollie, Durant respects him a lot. Literally every move OKC makes in the next 2 years needs to be with the thought "will this help us keep KD when his contract is up". They need a better bench, another big and a system/coach that gets Westbrook buying into being less of a scorer and more of a playmaker/defensive player. I honestly feel like Westbrook could come close to averaging a triple double in the right system with the right mindset, what he can't be aloud to do is jack up garbage shots without reprimand.

Yes

If those things are what the Thunder need I don't see how getting rid of a good coach in Brooks has to do with it. Allowing yourself to be held hostage by anyone hurts your brand, Durant included.

Westbrook is the issue, imo. He's a ballhog and forces the issue frequently. He has an absurd amount of talent, but his issue is what's above his shoulders so I don't really see him buying into another system. However, I very well could be wrong and maybe he will mature as a basketball player, but as of now, Westbrook is what's holding this team back.

I think Durant needs an actual PG who knows his role and plays under control, as well as a better supporting cast. If I'm Presti, I'd dangle Westbrook to see what kind of interest he could garner because I really don't see OKC winning a ring with their current makeup. If Westbrook could fetch them a fair return of young, talented players, I'd seriously consider it. The best scorer in the league should not be held back by a PG taking 25-30 shots a game.