Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

NBA Front Office Rankings: Overall (ESPN)

I'm pretty sure if we wanted to gut our roster for pennies on the dollar we could too. That doesn't make Philly ahead of us.

I agree, Orlando looks better to me. But I can see where some may think they have a chance to pull a rabbit out of a hat, maybe I live close enough to the northeast to hear some bias for them. I wouldn't say its either the majority or silent DOM...but whatever you gotta say to make yourself feel good.

Hennigan doesn't need a pass, he is doing exactly what needed to be done. The only thing I disagree with is when he didn't trade Afflalo when his value was at an all time high.

Hennigan doesn't need a pass, he is doing exactly what needed to be done. The only thing I disagree with is when he didn't trade Afflalo when his value was at an all time high.

You keep saying this but to my knowledge weren't offered anything equal to his value when it was at its peak.

It's really difficult to gauge his value when we don't know what other teams were offering for him. For that matter, we can't say for certain that teams wouldn't offer the exact same kinds of deals today.

How were the Magic ever going to get anything for Afflalo when Philly were literally giving Evan Turner away.

True, Philly traded Hawes and Turner for second rounders and I wouldn't be satisfied with that for Afflalo.

I'd love to see us move up in this draft, if somehow we could do our 12th (or 15th) + Afflalo for a #8 or #7 I'd totally do it.

I agree with Miller on this one. While we don't know exactly what Henny was offered for AA, it was widely reported that it was Bledsoe straight up for AA. Ford has mentioned this several times. Moreover, AA has steadily declined since the AS break. His PER is now 16… not 20+. I think AA is a solid player and great teammate, but I think we should trade him if possible to get another blue chip pick. However, I think he's worth more than 12 + AA = 8. Hmmm...

Yea no way I'm trading him to move up 4 spots. You've got to think Afflalo has as much value as George Hill and you could get a #15 pick or so for him pretty much straight up.

While we, as fans, are hopeful and excited about the possibilities the future holds, that doesn't change the reality of where we stand right now in terms of being competitive. Once things start to shape up, and (hopefully) the Magic turns into a title contender, that's when our GM and company start to get the recognition they deserve. These rankings are pretty accurate and I see no cause for alarm nor reason to be offended.

I agree with Miller on this one. While we don't know exactly what Henny was offered for AA, it was widely reported that it was Bledsoe straight up for AA. Ford has mentioned this several times.

But that was before this season. I wouldn't of thought that his value would have dropped since then.