Sign in to follow this  
mick

Is Aaron Affola an allstar in 2013-2014

I certainly think so. I havnt heard his name much in terms of being an allstar and thats completely bull. The way he has played this year is phenomenal and most certainly is a allstar starter or at the very least on the bench. At the moment he is 12th on the scoring list and only 1 shooting guard is above him in the nba and thats james harden. In the east there is only 1 guard with higher points than him and thats kyrie erving. But if we compare those 2 against affalo what u will find is that affalo has been way more efficient than those 2 who only average like 1-2 points more than him. If he doesnt get a allstar spot thats completely bull**** as he is soo deserving of one. I know the allstar ballot is primarily a popularity contest and affola isnt famous like the others but his play this year should have people taking notice and hopefully he will get a spot. I for one will be voting for him.

Eh... I've always been of the thought that to be an all-star your play should also either A) elevate the play of those around you and be part of a successful team or B ) failing that you have to be so far above everyone else in the league at your position that it would be truly inconceivable for that player to not be on the all star list.

AA meets neither of those to me. His numbers are good. Very good. But their not astounding or incredible. He is not far and away the best SG currently in the league, nor would I even say he is in the top 3. And let's face it the Magic are horrible. He's simply getting his on a bad team. He's not carrying the team single handedly to win's every night, or playing the part of a good captain pointing the talented young players in the right direction.

• Upvote 2

I got real mad at an article where experts chose between wade and afflalo to be an all star because they all went for wade. Reason being they said because afflalo's number weren't sustainable.

I felt like that isn't a fair reason nor did any of them mention the fact that wade seems to take every second game off.

I understand his doing this on a bad team but its not like he is putting up 40 shots for his points he has been very efficient and i am pretty sure he was in top5 in FG% this year. I remmeber all the talk of monta ellis a couple years back when he was at Golden state his numbers were awesome but he was shooting at like 40% so when u say getting his on a bad team i think u mean this. That shouldnt apply to affalo as he is FG % is close to 50% this year. Afterall they all play the same teams . Also it takes time to build a reputation and aura where u make others better. Affola has just started the process and most of our team r rookies. The influence he has will only come about a couple years later.

Dont get me started on Wade man. Old wade was a legend and would rip affola but thats old wade. The current wade is but a shell and does not deserve to be an allstar this year but will cause of his previous acheivements. Its sad.

I'd actually be surprised if coaches didn't vote him in. There aren't many guards in the east with numbers like Afflalo. The fact that Wade will even make the team is a joke since he only plays every other game or so (let's not even get into Kobe getting voted in - although that doesn't affect Afflalo since he's not in the East, or anyone else since he's injured again now I think about it). Fan voting is the worst.

I'd actually be surprised if coaches didn't vote him in. There aren't many guards in the east with numbers like Afflalo. The fact that Wade will even make the team is a joke since he only plays every other game or so (let's not even get into Kobe getting voted in - although that doesn't affect Afflalo since he's not in the East, or anyone else since he's injured again now I think about it). Fan voting is the worst.

Same mate. To be honest i'd rather be voted in by the coaches than the fans.

Being noticed by actual professional basketball minds says a lot more to me.

Let's first determine who will be in the Allstar game and who his competition is in the east.

The starting five is likely going to be lebron, Carmelo, George, wade, Irving.

Here are the top guards from the east: Teague, John Wall, beal, kemba walker, Avery Bradley, Brandon Jennings, deron Williams, MCW, Evan turner.

I think the only player who is a lock to make it over afflalo is wall (based on performance). Afflalo is currently 5th in the east in scoring and #1 in the nba among shooting guards. He is putting up numbers similar to kyrie and the magic have a similar record. My doubts for afflalo come with the voting philosophy "do coaches reward players on winning teams?" Are Kemba and Bradley going to get rewarded for their teams performance? Since Horford is now out for the year will Teague get the trip to represent the Hawks? Will coaches pay attention to him vs giving more "name" players a bump?

Does afflalo deserve it? Yes. 22/4/4 on 49/85/45 shooting is a worthy all star line, not just for this season but compared to seasons past. He's shooting similar to Steve Nash or Kevin Durant and his production is comparable to peak ray allen and Brandon Roy.

• Upvote 1