Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

I wouldn't pay either of them 12-15m, nice try. I believe Parsons is worth 8-10. Do I believe Derozan is worth 4-5m more per year? Not a chance.

Taking more shots is one thing, being a career 27 percent 3pt shooter is another. Derozan averages more points per game because he gets to the line more than twice as much as Parsons, and takes almost five more shots a game. I wouldn't exactly call that efficient. Of the 19 players that averaged 20 or more points per game last season he has the third worst shooting percentage of the group. George and Lillard shot worse, but far better from 3. Seems as though Derozan is more of a chucker at this point in his career. I hope Parsons goes somewhere where he can get a few more shots up, will be interesting to see how they compare a year from now.

Ohhh. So you believe we can pay Parsons 8-10mm and get him? I see why you are so upset now, you have zero clue of how the free agent market has gone.

So you said earlier that you think the Magic should offer Parsons a 2 year deal with a team option on 3 and 4. And now you are saying that should be 8-10mm?

That's so off base and crazy that I can't even take it seriously.

You know that would never happen right? It's not even real. See my flying Pandas comment to you earlier.

And yeah, you think Derozan is a chucker...lol. Ok. You don't watch the NBA much or follow it at all judging from the quoted post.

What kind of impact do you think being on the court with Dwight and Harden has on a players game, on how the other team defends him?

Exactly. You are too nice to spell things out for this poor guy.

He falls into his own trap with the % argument.

I'm a little curious how we got BG for 4.5M and Sefelosa only got 4M a year... but I'm sure Rob made an offer and was turned down... right?

Thabo isn't really that good...

Thabo is a good defensive player, that's really about it. Perimeter defense is probably the only thing we have an abundance of.

And Thabo's deal, from what I saw scroll across twitter, includes no options for the three years for either side.

Brian Schmitz just blasted Rob Hennigan on Open Mike:

"Inexperienced"

"Sometimes you can get your weather forecast by looking out the window, Rob never looks out the window"

"Another season of tank"

He also eluded to Hennigan getting fired but I'm not sure if he meant by next off-season or the following.

All I got from that is that Mike Bianchi still has a job in radio, and that makes me sad.

I'm a little curious how we got BG for 4.5M and Sefelosa only got 4M a year... but I'm sure Rob made an offer and was turned down... right?

Now sure Henny has paid an extra $0.5 million for Gordon, but the team has got the flexibility because the second year is not guaranteed and he can be cut if things don't work out. Also, the team needs to make up the salary to hit the minimum, so the extra money helps out in that regard; and Gordon knows that he isn't going to get a starting role, so he can accept the pay day and the flexibility that the contract gives the team. He is a good, solid addition in my book.

In terms of a comparison. Sefolosha brings defense, but offensively has never really done much outside three point shooting. Whereas Ben Gordon can bring decent scoring and some, albeit limited, defense. The other difference is that Sefolosha has been a starter for the past five seasons with the Thunder, so would he accept being a back up to Oladipo? Probably not. On the other hand, Ben Gordon hasn't started a game since 2012 with the Pistons, and hasn't been a full time starter since Chicago in 2008-09. So the aim was to grab a guy to back up Oladipo, and of these two, Gordon fits the bill.

I think Henny made a decent selection in signing Ben Gordon, and if the guy refinds his shooting form, then it could be a very good signing.

So Derozan is efficient, is that what you're claiming? Again, I never said 8-10 million would guarantee anything, I said if that's what we're comfortable offering, what's the harm in trying? This whole routine you have of pretending to know how every decision will work out is just sad, you don't know these things man, nobody does.

It's not a routine. I actually follow NBA free agency and hence can make educated comments about it.

You have gone from "the magic did not get a good free agent this summer!!!! WHY??" To "what's the harm in trying to get Parsons for 2 years 8-10mm?"

This is good. It is progress.

The next step is understanding that Hennigan knows that deal would instantly be matched by Houston, and therefore is a waste of time.

Rob Hennigan does not get free private dances at Rachels for every mm that we are under the cap.

dazed_wooderson.jpg

It would be a lot cooler if he did.

• Upvote 1