Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

Oh yea forgot about that.

Same

On the Ariza subject, wouldn't they have to pay parsons more to keep him either way? I'm honestly really lacking on my knowledge of the economic side of the nba. So, I'm probably wrong but, I figured Ariza and Parsons were kind of a wash. Idk.

Same

On the Ariza subject, wouldn't they have to pay parsons more to keep him either way? I'm honestly really lacking on my knowledge of the economic side of the nba. So, I'm probably wrong but, I figured Ariza and Parsons were kind of a wash. Idk.

No parsons was going to make less than a million. Houston declined his option as a way to help him out and to avoid unrestricted free agency. This led many to think they had an under the table agreement to sign for a specific amount after Houston used their cap space first. Obviously tho didn't happen.

Houston lost a lot this offseason and gained just Ariza.

Brian Roberts to Charlotte for 2 years 5.5 million. Would have been a nice player to add for that cheap.

to warm the bench, rather let oladipo, payton and fournier be the ball handlers myself.

stupid orlando sentinel tweeted something like "magic looking to add PG via free agency" which is fantastically general and saying absolutely nothing.

I think the wording led everyone to believe we were looking to sign someone with some sort of name recognition, but I think we'll pick the best of the summer league/d-league lot we invite to camp, which would be signing a dedmon of ball handlers and technically added our PG free agent.

Well..the draft is in the past, our summer league is done, and the peak of free agency is on its fall.

Guess we're waiting for training camp unless a Magic offseason event surfaces.

Well..the draft is in the past, our summer league is done, and the peak of free agency is on its fall.

Guess we're waiting for training camp unless a Magic offseason event surfaces.

Yeah, can't see much happening for us now... looks like we are pretty much set.