Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

Yeah, can't see much happening for us now... looks like we are pretty much set.

Curry has chance to catch on as a PG somewhere. I could see him getting a camp invite to compete for the 3rd PG spot. He reminds me of a poor man's Patty Mills.

Some Magic guys are playing Fiba ball this year so we can get a look at how they've (hopefully) improved but aside from that yea there's not really much else to look forward to this off-season.

I am curious to anyone's opinion on Nikola Mirotic who the bulls just signed. There seems to be heaps of hype around him.... I am just curious to how the Bulls find enough mins. for all their front court, seems like they need an extra wing.

I am curious to anyone's opinion on Nikola Mirotic who the bulls just signed. There seems to be heaps of hype around him.... I am just curious to how the Bulls find enough mins. for all their front court, seems like they need an extra wing.

He's my pick for ROTY.

Pistons got Augustin and Butler. Stan getting him some shooters.

I really think we should give Seth Curry a chance. There is a question of whether he can play PG, but Steph Curry came into the league with the same questions and proved he could indeed learn the position.

As much as I would like to give someone like Osby a chance on this team (I think he has a better shot of growing than Nicolson), we have a log-jam of big-men at this point and clearly need more ball handlers.

If I had a guess, we'll bring in an "insurance policy" veteran PG who can run the point well in case Oladipo or Payton get injured (Fournier says he can handle the ball but that is yet to be seen). I'm seeing someone like a Ronnie Price veteran locker room presence who plays PG, as much as I would like us to pick up a young gun who's proving himself in the D-League / Summer League.

He's my pick for ROTY.

Pistons got Augustin and Butler. Stan getting him some shooters.

How do you see them splitting the minutes? surely he is too slow for SF.

I really think we should give Seth Curry a chance. There is a question of whether he can play PG, but Steph Curry came into the league with the same questions and proved he could indeed learn the position.

As much as I would like to give someone like Osby a chance on this team (I think he has a better shot of growing than Nicolson), we have a log-jam of big-men at this point and clearly need more ball handlers.

If I had a guess, we'll bring in an "insurance policy" veteran PG who can run the point well in case Oladipo or Payton get injured (Fournier says he can handle the ball but that is yet to be seen). I'm seeing someone like a Ronnie Price veteran locker room presence who plays PG, as much as I would like us to pick up a young gun who's proving himself in the D-League / Summer League.

I think they may be looking at Willie Green and Ben Gordon to slide over if needed. I would much prefer either of them over Price.

I wouldn't mind this as our final roster.

Centers: Vucevic, O'Quinn, Dedmon

Forwards: Frye, Gordon, Harris, Harkless, Nicholson

Guards: Oladipo, Fournier, Gordon, Payton, Marble, Green, Curry

C vucevic, 34; o'quinn, 14

PF frye 28 Harris 10 Gordon 10

SF Harkless 20; Harris, 18; Gordon 10

SG Oladipo 16; Fournier 17; BGordon 15

PG Payton 20; Oladipo 20; BGordon 8

Vuc 34

O'quinn 14

Frye 28

Harris 28

Gordon 20

Harkless 20

Oladipo 36

Fournier 17

Gordon 23

Payton 20

That's the best minute distribution I can come up with. It doesn't make any sense. We probably need to make a trade.

I think the plan would be to play Ben Gordon and frye more initially then try and dump them to shorten our rotation and get the young guys more minutes post all star.

EDIT: maybe you take 6 minutes from frye and give them to Harris and 4 minutes from Harris at SF and give them to harkless.