Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

So now:

Payton/Dipo/Fornier

Dipo/Fournier/Green/Marble/Gordon

Harris/Harkless/Gordon/Marble

Frye/Gordon/O'Quinn/Nich

Vic/O'Quinn/Dedmon

Solid player but at 8mil a year? Between him and Gordon haven't liked the signings this offseason. I'd rather just let the young guys play then bring these guys in.

Playoffs is obviously the goal this year. Now whether you agree with that is completely up to you. But Rob doesn't want to create a complete losing culture here especially with all our young impressionable players.

It's just clear were shooting for the playoffs this year. Were now going to have a starting lineup (potentially) of:

Payton

Dipo

Harris

Frye

Vuch

With Gordon, Harkless, Gordon, Quinn, Fournier on the bench. Ton of talent on this team now. Regardless of who starts, were slowly getting deep.

then why trade afflalo?

• Upvote 1

who is dismantling their teams and why is Melo just a name? I think Danny granger is just a name but I don't think Melo is just a name.

Houston will to try and get Bosh, they will shed people.

Cleveland will to try and get Lebron, they will shed people.

Dallas has been shedding people for the past 3yrs

Knicks already made a trade to go after Melo

They are all just names right now because they have no legit homes. From a championship perspective, Melo hasnt done anything since he was with Denver playing against the Lakers in the WCF. While Melo might be a very good scorer, his defense has dropped and his team production is still very low. Granger has more value as a team player than Melo. Until Melo can take a team and win a championship, he is just a name... just like Granger.

It's just clear were shooting for the playoffs this year. Were now going to have a starting lineup (potentially) of:

Payton

Dipo

Harris

Frye

Vuch

With Gordon, Harkless, Gordon, Quinn, Fournier on the bench. Ton of talent on this team now. Regardless of who starts, were slowly getting deep.

I personally don't see Payton starting at PG for us at this point. I can see Oladipo starting at PG again and maybe Ben Gordon at the 2. Payton has a lot to learn before he's ready to run an offense.

then why trade afflalo?

Because Fournier is going to seriously surprise so many people on this forum. It's hilarious to me how underestimated of a player he is on here. Keep sleeping on him.

• Upvote 1

I personally don't see Payton starting at PG for us at this point. I can see Oladipo starting at PG again and maybe Ben Gordon at the 2. Payton has a lot to learn before he's ready to run an offense.

If he can improve from one game to another as quickly as he has in the summer league, I don't think it's that crazy to say. He looks night and day different. Obviously will have many growing pains a long the way, but I think he starts sooner then later.

Payton

Dipo

Harris

Frye

Vuch

If the plan is to make the play offs, then trading Afflalo and cutting Nelson are questionable decisions. Now I can understand getting rid of Afflalo because he blocks Oladipo at SG, and he's an undersized SF that could block Harkless and Harris. But Nelson with our options at PG?

Personally if we are shooing for the play offs, then keeping Nelson would have been the better option. He could have started while Payton came off the bench and learnt his trade. But now we are in a position where we have to either use Payton, or go with Oladipo and slot Gordon or Fournier at SG. Not sure either screams play offs.

That said, the team does look talented, and has decent depth. If we do make the jump, great. But I think this is a 30 win team at the minute.

I agree with Oladipo more than likely starting at PG but I believe Fournier will start at SG.

Frye's shooting ability from the 4 spot will be valuable when/if we play AG at the 3. It'll allow us to still space the floor with Gordon slashing to the rim. Unless the last year or 2 are team options, it seems a little lengthy, I agree. But he's a very capable player who has been solid throughout his career and not only gives us a vet to help bring the young guys along, but a guy who still has some game, and fills a roll for us.

Well, Rob slept on him too apparently, considering he passed on him two years ago in favor of Nicholson. AA is a proven player, if the goal is to make the playoffs you don't trade a proven player for an inexperienced player.

The goal of this season was supposed to be development, now I don't know what the hell we're doing lol

Everyone makes mistakes, few fix them. Rob passed on him (mistake) but then traded for him (not mistake). Affalo took a ton of minutes and shots from everyone else and again, I think Fournier fits in with this team much much better. His ability to handle the ball and run an offense if need be make him much more appealing with our current roster then Affalo. But some people don't understand needs and basketball in general.