Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

From what I see, he made 3.1mm: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/pattepa01.html. Either way, I see Patrick as a role player, not a starter. I believe he's worth 4mm or so. I'd rather start Gordon at PF and let the young guys grow up.

I was going by this link

http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nba/power-forward/limit-100/

He is only 25. He can grow with them.

Having someone that can space the floor will allow them to have more success.

thanks for your import though.

If harris could really hit 3s, it would help.

I just don't see how Parsons would fit. It seems like a duplicate of what Harris can bring and possibly Gordon.

And didn't Parsons get beat on Defense while trying to cover Portlands Lillard on the buzzer beater shot that sent the Rockets home. I'm just kidding, not many could cover that guy on that particular play.

But how would Parsons fit? Who does he replace?

I just don't see how Parsons would fit. It seems like a duplicate of what Harris can bring and possibly Gordon.

And didn't Parsons get beat on Defense while trying to cover Portlands Lillard on the buzzer beater shot that sent the Rockets home. I'm just kidding, not many could cover that guy on that particular play.

But how would Parsons fit? Who does he replace?

he replaces moe. as of last year anyway, that sf spot was well defended. unfortunately, unless he got to the basket you would need the ball tied to a string to get a shot in. unless he was with LeBron this summer, harris has trouble guarding speed at pf and strength at pf. so I still think he comes off the bench. he'll contribute a lot. I have zero faith in moe scoring or tobias defending. parson starts on sf and lets moe shut down while hes on the bench and tobias scores while gordon is. idk, that's what I think anyway.

To be honest, last year Patterson was one of the guys that I paid some attention to because he went from a fat ass to a reasonably fit guy and improved his 3 pt % a lot, which shows hard work. Is that enough to have me excited about him signing with Orlando? Not yet

Funny, I mention 8-10m with options for the third and fourth year, and "I know nothing about basketball". This post is too funny. What a hypocrite.

It's like you're having an argument with yourself. You can't make this stuff up.

You still dont get it and sound like a child.

The magic can not get parsons for 8-10 a year on a 2 year deal. It wont happen. The rox will match that. Initial thoughts were that he would leave if melo came, but houston will pay him 10 regardless and the magic dont want to do a deal like that.

I have no idea how you cant understand this.

I really can't see Melo playing the 4. He's already a poor enough defensive player as is. They'd be looking to outscore everyone with that lineup, I guess it would be interesting to see how it turned out.

He plays the 4 all the time. What are you talking about man?

To be honest, last year Patterson was one of the guys that I paid some attention to because he went from a fat ass to a reasonably fit guy and improved his 3 pt % a lot, which shows hard work. Is that enough to have me excited about him signing with Orlando? Not yet

Yes i would call it intriguing, but not super exciting.

The thing about this guy is he could really flourish in the right offense. And it looks like the magic will be running one that suits him. It will be very similar to torontos.

I like him, he's got enough of a post game where I wouldn't feel bad giving him some touches down there. He is a great pick and pop guy in the midrange and from 3 and he's a great guy to have spot up in the corner. With the amount of athletic, attack the rim guys we have It'd be nice to have a consistent shooter especially a stretch 4 who can distort the defense a little. He's athletic enough as well and can get up and down the court in transition. I think a stretch 4 will always be valuable so we should be able to move him fairly easily should we need to clear cap room for any reason. He's a good character and still relatively young to boot. Plus his rebounding weakness is mitigated slightly by the fact that he'd play next to Vuc who gobbles up boards.