Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

2013 - 2014 Regular Season Thread

Are we sure Kyrie Irving is good. Seems like the Kevin Love of point guards to me.

If I was Irving, I'd be real upset. The Cavs drafting has been horrible. Given that they want to win now, Bennett might be the worst pick ever. Waiters is a chucker. Thompson is average. They passed on dudes like Valanciunas and Leonard ('11), Drummond ('12), and Oladipo ('13). I'm shocked that GM has a job.

If I was Irving, I'd be real upset. The Cavs drafting has been horrible. Given that they want to win now, Bennett might be the worst pick ever. Waiters is a chucker. Thompson is average. They passed on dudes like Valanciunas and Leonard ('11), Drummond ('12), and Oladipo ('13). I'm shocked that GM has a job.

By all accounts he won't soon and when he's replaced I'm sure his replacement will talk Kyrie into giving him a chance to build the team around him properly.

I've always respected Deng, and I think his take on having strong vets on a young team is spot on:

“What goes on in the locker room and what’s being said, it’s a lot more important than just having a bunch of young guys,” Deng said. “It’s great to have young guys, you need some vets in the locker room and it can’t just be one or two. You need a few to repeat it and guys to look across and see guys that have done it.”

http://www.ohio.com/...r-room-1.463491

This is why AA is still on the Magic. Dude provides an excellent model for hardworking, team-centric basketball. Same goes for Meer, though his skill set is waning.

Alright, we probably should put the criticism to rest for a while and let people post carelessly, illogically, irrationally, childishly, and illiterately. Afterwards, all the guys who are here can return to their previous positions and comeback like Gandalf the white. Right now, forum participation is low and it was much higher when I first came here. The Magic a borderline mid ranked team in the east fighting for 8th seed that season but there was promise....promise that eventually blossomed.

Maybe we should act delusional with the misconception that we can trade Glen Davis for the likes of Kobe Bryant or even LeBron James. The misconceptions can create a illusion that this roster possesses connoisseurs of basketball. Whatever helps this message board.

So yeah, I'll post in rachet slang and build up the stereotypes. It'll be just like the old days when people didn't care to use proper sentence structute and used homonyms incorrectly (I still do that). Lets not for get "Just sayin", "merk", and those annoying fad photos that are only popular for a month. Nothing like the Spur of the moment creativity that diminishes at blistering pace.

But yeah..everyone..just relax and let everyone have pipe dreams. Its all gravy baby.

Don't know if the Magic have any plans to fill any of their last roster spots (probably not before the deadline) but I'd like to give Dewayne Dedmon a look. Legit athletic 7 footer. He's raw, really raw actually for someone his age, but he can rebound, block shots and finish around the basket.

Another article out about playing minutes... But not for Moe.. It's about Andrew. A Josh Robbins write up.

My thoughts: Listen if your going to base your plan off of what everybody else is doing, then your the wrong coach.

There will never be a team in the NBA that doesn't have some type of mis-match problems when playing.

Saying that you don't want Andrew on quicker forwards makes you sound like his dad and not his coach, and the quote about being conducive for success... Really Vaughn? Have you seen our record? Do you know that we need points and Andrew is atleast good at that!

What in the freaking world !!!!!!!

Damn it, make your trades before Vaughn injures them by playing them 30+ min, while our young guys just sit and day dream away.

Brian Hill had better rebuilding years.

Another article out about playing minutes... But not for Moe.. It's about Andrew. A Josh Robbins write up.

My thoughts: Listen if your going to base your plan off of what everybody else is doing, then your the wrong coach.

There will never be a team in the NBA that doesn't have some type of mis-match problems when playing.

Saying that you don't want Andrew on quicker forwards makes you sound like his dad and not his coach, and the quote about being conducive for success... Really Vaughn? Have you seen our record? Do you know that we need points and Andrew is atleast good at that!

Damn it, make your trades before Vaughn injures them by playing them 30+ min, while our young guys just sit and day dream away.

bill-suicide-o.gif

I understand this forum is completely dead but is this really necessary? As if there isn't enough negativity surrounding the team. Admittedly I get caught up in it too but when it's constantly occurring its tough to stay positive.