Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

What does Amare in ATL mean for us?

With most reports stongly pointing to Amare going to ATL for BOTH their picks and cap fillers, this now makes them a competitor in the East, as well as our division.

PG = whoever

SG = Joe Johnson

SF = Marvin Williams

PF = Josh Smith

C = Amare Staudamire

That's a **** sexy team. How much do you think it will affect us? ALT division champs? Don't forget they beat us last season, 3 out of 4 games WITHOUT Amare on their squad. I'm really hoping this doesn't happen for the sake of Magic dominating the east.

On another note, I'm hoping the chemistry is horrible and they self-destruct from within. Another good thing in our favor is their coach is garbage.

Next season will definitely tough.

With most reports stongly pointing to Amare going to ATL for BOTH their picks and cap fillers, this now makes them a competitor in the East, as well as our division.

PG = whoever

SG = Joe Johnson

SF = Marvin Williams

PF = Josh Smith

C = Amare Staudamire

That's a **** sexy team. How much do you think it will affect us? ALT division champs? Don't forget they beat us last season, 3 out of 4 games WITHOUT Amare on their squad. I'm really hoping this doesn't happen for the sake of Magic dominating the east.

On another note, I'm hoping the chemistry is horrible and they self-destruct from within. Another good thing in our favor is their coach is garbage.

Next season will definitely tough.

I don't see the Suns giving up Amare, they want to give Marion but no one wants him for the big bucks he will make.

it also means that Minnesota would have the 3, 7, and 11th pick... even losing Garnetts monster salary - it think its about 7 million in gaurunteed money for the draftees. putting them dangerously at or close to cap level still - all that for a rebuilding team? I think Minesota now has some leverage with those picks...maybe amare to atl, means we need to look at what we can work out with minnesota

quote:
Originally posted by The Dude Abides:

maybe amare to atl, means we need to look at what we can work out with minnesota

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!

I don't understand this trade...

I don't see Phoenix getting any better replacing Amare with KG. Sure KG is a great player, but Amare is a first team, all-NBA center. KG has never made it past the second round of the playoffs. Also, a large part of this would be PHX making Atlanta a playoff team. Phoenix owns an unprotected first round draft pick from Atlanta next year. You would think that Phoenix would WANT Atlanta to be bad again, turning that draft pick into a great asset (either is a new rookie, or trade bait).

And KG is still a fantastic player, and I would think he would be worth more than 3 unproven rookies. If some serious cap relief was to be included I would understand it from their point of view.

I just think this trade doesnt work under all teams. I couldnt see it going through. If it does, than great for Atlanta, and too bad for everyone else.... Oh well, we will all find out within 24 hours.

This would mean that Amare wont have the same production he once had in Phoenix, simply because there will be no Steve Nash in ATL.

Amare is a good player, but he also has many players that take the heat off of him. Put him in a Hawks uniform and the story will change....

Besides he cant take Howard, which is why he flops against all the time against Dwight.

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

This would mean that Amare wont have the same production he once had in Phoenix, simply because there will be no Steve Nash in ATL.

Amare is a good player, but he also has many players that take the heat off of him. Put him in a Hawks uniform and the story will change....

Besides he cant take Howard, which is why he flops against all the time against Dwight.

I was about to comment the same exact thing. Amare is arguably the most overrated center in the league. The guy is good, but definitely not an all NBA first team Center. I would give that one to Yao.

He produced very well with the suns because there were 4 other wing players surrounding him, making sure that he isn't double teamed. I fear the Hawks in a whole since they always seem to give us trouble, however, Zaza's finally gone!! He's one of the greatest Magic killers!

Not sure what this trade does for Phoenix though. It gives them more talent, but not in the long run.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Where has this deal been reported?

You been livin' under a rock? It is all over ESPN (around the horn/PTI/sportscenter), and headline headline news at RealGM. Im sure it is many other places as well, those are just the areas that I look for information.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

I was about to comment the same exact thing. Amare is arguably the most overrated center in the league. The guy is good, but definitely not an all NBA first team Center. I would give that one to Yao.

He produced very well with the suns because there were 4 other wing players surrounding him, making sure that he isn't double teamed. I fear the Hawks in a whole since they always seem to give us trouble, however, Zaza's finally gone!! He's one of the greatest Magic killers!

Not sure what this trade does for Phoenix though. It gives them more talent, but not in the long run.

To correct you, Josh Childress/Smith and Joe Johnson are the Magic Killers....I'm the expert on that you know. (lol)

Anyway, Dwight would rip Amare's head off plus no Brian Hill as coach means JJ will throw some shi* at Atlanta..so we can pretty much get a season sweep if we don't mess it up.

On the subject, we would meet ATL in the playoffs most likely. Hope we can get through them "With Darko and that Free agent."