Arenas (expires next year but does not count toward cap, but still) - 42 mil

Harrington (expires in 3 years) - 22 mil

Q Rich (expires next year) - over 5 mil

plus, would anyone be mad if these players were not here:

Jameer (expires in 3 years) - 25 mil

Glen Davis (expires in 3 years) - almost 20 mil

Hedo (expires next year) - 24 mil

Afflalo (expires in 4 years) - over 30 mil

That's 168 million of dead contracts or crappy players with awful contracts. I know anyone can get traded in this league but Henne is going to have his work cut out to make this work in the next 3-4 years.

Hedo and Harrington are partially guaranteed and, whilst he's overpaid, I wouldn't consider Meer deadweight really. Arenas however doesn't affect the cap room so I don't see how it has much effect on Rob's position as Gm I think the ownership showed they were committed to paying out in order to help this team grow when they agreed to pay Qrich for not playing.

37 mill of that comes off the books next year, could be more if we get rid of Al. I really don't see what the problem is, we will lose a lot of games over the next 2 yrs, pick up 2 good picks and have enough for a max and a secondary player and that is all if Rob does nothing else to rid ourselves of any other bad deals.

I'm also not sure why there is such a negative view of Afflalo, he is a "Robin" that is being forced into a Batman role and the guy is practically killing himself out there. We get a big time scorer and do well with our picks and instead of 3 pt losses we are right back in the thick of things. I would certainly say that our near future looks better than NY, BRK, BOS, MIL, TOR.

• Upvote 4

BBD, Nelson and AA are not crappy players IMO. AA is stuggling currently and his play pisses me off sometimes, but still not a crappy player. I do not think any of their contacts are bad either. Nelson age and history make his a little risky, but still not bad. BBD love him or hate him is a starting caliber PF and can take minutes and center. 6 mil per year for a solid SG is not bad eitther.

Turk, well, ok, um...

37 mill of that comes off the books next year, could be more if we get rid of Al. I really don't see what the problem is, we will lose a lot of games over the next 2 yrs, pick up 2 good picks and have enough for a max and a secondary player and that is all if Rob does nothing else to rid ourselves of any other bad deals.

I'm also not sure why there is such a negative view of Afflalo, he is a "Robin" that is being forced into a Batman role and the guy is practically killing himself out there. We get a big time scorer and do well with our picks and instead of 3 pt losses we are right back in the thick of things. I would certainly say that our near future looks better than NY, BRK, BOS, MIL, TOR.

Don't knock Nightwing.

BBD, Nelson and AA are not crappy players IMO. AA is stuggling currently and his play pisses me off sometimes, but still not a crappy player. I do not think any of their contacts are bad either. Nelson age and history make his a little risky, but still not bad. BBD love him or hate him is a starting caliber PF and can take minutes and center. 6 mil per year for a solid SG is not bad eitther.

Turk, well, ok, um...

They stink. Sorry

They stink. Sorry

I also dont think they are as bad as people are saying. They are also not old either. Nelson is getting up there but AA and baby can be in our future. I dont think we should move people just to move them.

Sorry for doubting you. If you would have provided your credentials in your opening thread it would have never happened. I will never do it again I promise! BTW, are you a Lakers Fan? Or a pissed off Celtics Fan?

Nope been a Magic fan since '92 (from Winter Haven) just happen to be living in Boston, pay my $200 every year to watch them on league pass, but you can't be serious to think any of these guys are a part of the future here. The #1 pick barely gets garbage time anymore. And anyone of you that think BBD is an asset to have on this team is insane. I would much rather have this team focus on the young players and reduce the minutes of BBD, Turk, and others and let Harkless & Nicholson have an increased role. At this point what differnence would it make?

I'll just echo the above comments and say that, while probably overpaid, 'Meer and Baby aren't dead weight. Neither is AA. Hedo...yeah - won't argue that one.