Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Would you trade Darko to Bulls for Nocioni and a 1st rounder?

Andres Nocioni, 27 years, from Argentina.

6-7, 225 lbs, plays small forward

15 pts, 6 rbs, 1 ast, 2 to a game, while playing 28 min and hitting 47% field goals, 38% 3 pointers and 85% Ft.

But most important thing about Nocioni: The Character. He is a great player who never gives up and goes after every ball, while giving 100% every game. We need players like this.

I say having Ariza makes this trade worthless. What makes it even more worthless is Chicago's #1 pick. How good can it be?

Maybe if it was Gordon or Deng instead of Nocioni, but absolutely not is what I say to this.

Ugh. Darn Bulls.

quote:
Originally posted by Alex Smith:

But most important thing about Nocioni: The Character. He is a great player who never gives up and goes after every ball, while giving 100% every game. We need players like this.

Does Darko play 100% every game or is it his inexperience that makes him look like he's not trying some time?

I would not pull the trigger on the Nocioni for Milicic deal... Nocioni is a real good player, but he's got foot problems, the same problems that the Sixers old Center Todd MacCulloch had that ended his career at a really young age.. I don't see Andres being effective much longer... and to answer the question about Darko not trying, he's had that label on him since he came in to the league, he's a partier, he's impatient, and he wants to be great right away without taking the time to learn how to be great... With all that said, he's made significant strides here since leaving Detroit and I'd hate to see him in any other teams uniform because I still think he could be a very good asset to this team..

Let's open a bag of worms.

If Nocioni gets healthy, I want a sign and trade as follows:

Duhon and Nocioni for Diener and Milicic.

Nocioni can play the 3 or the 4 well on both ends (very tough), while Duhon is the type of pg we need. With a trade of one of our other guards, which should be quite easy, this would also allow us to sign VC.

Starting Line-Up Next Year:

PG: Duhon

SG: VC

SF: Ariza

PF: Nocioni

C: Howard

Boo-Yah!!!

I would be very very tempted to pull the trigger on that trade. I'm still torn on whether Darko is the longterm answer or not. We would definitely have to trade Arroyo and Hedo for the deal to make sense but it would be intriguing. It would give us a toughness that is clearly lacking this year. The key would be Nocioni's health.

Because we would have 3 small forward in Ariza, Turkoglu, and Nocioni assuming Grant doesn't resign. Our pg position will be just as cluttered with Jameer, Arroyo, Dooling, and Duhon. That also leaves our frontcourt very thin. If Augie and Gortat can immediately produce then great but thats a big if.

I am a very big Chris Duhon fan. I think he would be perfect for this team and I would love for us to find a way to acquire him. He was actually our #1 FA target 2 years ago. After Chicago let it be known they would match any offer, we dropped interest, and signed Dooling. Considering that Duhon eventually signed for 2M less than the MLE, I think we let the Bulls bluff us off Duhon. We also could have taken him the year before with the top pick in the 2nd round instead of the Brazilian fro, who we consequently gave away a month later. How do you just give away Pachulia & Varajeo???

Nocioni is a solid player, but he's nothing special. He reminds me a lot of Matt Harpring. Less athletic, better 3 pt. shooter.

He had a monster series vs. Miami in the playoffs last year playing power forward and he's at his best in that role when Chicago goes small. In that sense, he's a lot like Boris Diaw. He's a solid but unspectular 3 capable of creating matchup problems at the 4. But, it's difficult to sustain a high level of play out of position for extended periods.

This would be a horrible long term deal for Orlando & Nocioni duplicates a deep position without significantly upgrading it. But, I'm all in favor of pursuing a deal for DU!

put in tyrus thomas instead of the pick and we can talk.

btw, i wouldn't be that sure that gasol is better than darko at all. he's more proven, that's true. darko is just playing for a moron, that's the biggest diference. everybody who watched the game at the world championship knows what i'm talking about.

quote:
Originally posted by CRAZY SERB:

put in tyrus thomas instead of the pick and we can talk.

btw, i wouldn't be that sure that gasol is better than darko at all. he's more proven, that's true. darko is just playing for a moron, that's the biggest diference. everybody who watched the game at the world championship knows what i'm talking about.

I tire of reading about Darko's problems being blamed on the coach when in fact he is on his 3rd NBA head coach.

Larry Brown I understand. I never hear anybody from Detroit be it players or media complain about Flip Saunders. There current head coach whom Darko played for. In fact, Saunders is known as an innovative offensive coach which would seem to play right up Darko's alley.

Brian Hill obviously has flaws but Darko is getting to play. This is his contract year. When is he gonna step up? I don't wanna hear about using him wrong either. A coach "CANNOT" control your "EFFORT" when your on the court.

About the World Championships which are frequently mentioned in regards to Darko. He did play well! I was happy to see it. But the reason his stats were so good was because the team he was on was basically rebuilding. Darko had the most professional experience on the team. He had to be the go to guy.

He will never be the go to guy on the Magic as long as Dwight Howard is here.