Sign in to follow this  
LetsGoMagic

Trade Discussion Thread

quote:
Originally posted by andie:

Wondering what Brian's trade value is and could it be accomplished by the deadline???

What moron would actually want him? Does Soccercal run his own sports team?

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

How about Carlos Arroyo and filler for Eric Snow???

LMAO Ghost, Snow can't even make his free throws anymore. His glory days are long gone. We'd have to get an AARP membership as the filler!

Big is right, he's done. He's the reason Cleveland are looking for a point guard. He'll be commendable behind someone but he's done.

I don't like Snow's contract either with 2 years and 14 mill left on it. Cleveland overpaid badly for him, no reason to bail them out of that mistake.

lol, almost an MVP nole!, I think.

Now, I don't know about the availability of this guy but his name has popped up in various bits of information over the past few weeks, Johan Petro.

I wouldn't expect the Sonics to be foolish enough to part ways, but as a potential prospect what are the thoughts on this player. I like him and potentially with our bigs he could bode well. On that however the only con I would have is that I myself would be after a guy who's been in the league for a little longer. I like him though and if we take anything off the Sonics, get them to throw in the other Frenchman in Gelebale!

This would never happen, but I would like to see a trade where we send J. Nelson, G. Hill, k. Dooling, and J. Augustine to the L.A. Clippers for C. Maggette, S. Livingston, S. Cassell, and A. Williams.

Magic:

PG - S. Cassell / S. Livingston / C. Arroyo / T. Deiner

SG - C. Maggette / J.J. Redick / K. Bogans

SF - T. Ariza / Heido / ?

PF/C- D. Howard / D. Milicic / A. Williams / T. Battie / B. Outlaw / P. Garrity

I would then try to trade Cassell to either the Cavs or the Hawks for a small forward and draft picks. I would throw in Garrity, Arroyo, the rights to Vasquez, or Bogans to get this done.

Financially the Clipper deal gets done. The Clippers would get tons of cap room with this deal. The Magic would get a pass first PG with legnth, in Livingston, and a scorer in Maggette. We would be very athletic with Livingston, Ariza, Maggette, and D. Howard.

I doubt very much that the Clippers would ever do something like this, but it would be fun to dream!

I would perfer to stay away from guys like V. Carter, K. Garnett, and R. Allen, because in the next few years D. Howard will develop into the most dominate big man in the league. I would like his development to not be impeaded by another superstar. Livingston and Maggette are very good compliment type players. We will also be able to keep good shooters coming off the bench in J. Redick, and Heido.