Sign in to follow this  
LetsGoMagic

Trade Discussion Thread

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

Bring Pierce or Allen here. Both are way better then VC.

Boston is not giving Pierce up for just capspace, they are going to want a young core piece.

Seatle has been saying the same thing about Allen.

VC can opt out and the Nets will get nothing, so they are up against a wall here. We can offer them less and see if they bite.

But VC isn't going to change anything. You guys say how G-hill hinders the team's offence, and VC will do the same thing. He can be a ballhogg and he doesn't make the smartest decisions and doesnt shoot the higest percentage.

I dont think we should bring V.C or Ray to this team,we need to bring young studs like Rashard Lewis, Gerald Wallace, Mike Miller,Corey Maggety, all potential superstars,consistent scorers decent defensive players. Paul Gasol I think is what we all want Darko to become,the perfect compliment for Dwight, and he is only what 26yrs old. why not?

We don't need another inside force just another contributor i dont want another high pay at tbe pf. I wasnt thrilled with Darko neither but he seems like hes coming along

quote:
Originally posted by Rico:

I dont think we should bring V.C or Ray to this team,we need to bring young studs like Rashard Lewis, Gerald Wallace, Mike Miller,Corey Maggety, all potential superstars,consistent scorers decent defensive players. Paul Gasol I think is what we all want Darko to become,the perfect compliment for Dwight, and he is only what 26yrs old. why not?

Following up on the Gasol trade scenario, we could offer Grant and Darko for Pau and Mike Miller. Even though I like Darko's potential, this may offer the youth that Memphis covets. It would also give us scoring from inside and outside and help free Dwight up on the inside from constant double teaming.

Here's my trade proposal with today's article in mind:

Grant, Carrlos, and Dooling

for

Ray Allen + filler

That's right, you heard here first. If I'm right, you all owe me 250 pushups.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

for

Ray Allen + filler

I'm with you on that Nyce1! If you are right can I do girl push-ups??

quote:

for

Ray Allen + filler

Seattle already has major money tied up in pgs (Ridnour and Watson). Don't think they'd want two more. Lol.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:

for

Ray Allen + filler

Seattle already has major money tied up in pgs (Ridnour and Watson). Don't think they'd want two more. Lol.

Yeah, more young point guards is not their need. I guarantee you that Seattle will want Darko with Grant for either Allen or Lewis. Seattle is still trying to get a new Arena done like us, they will hold off blowing up their roster until they know where their future home is. They can wait til this summer to trade Allen, he will still have just as much value then.

Lewis can opt out though, they are more likely to trade him to prevent losing him for nothing over the summer.

I don't see anyone giving Otis much for Grant Hill's contract at this point. Teams are going to want something with it, like how we got Ariza off the Knicks last year. Best to hold on to it and go after FA's this summer.

How about Grant, Dooling, Jameer, for Chauncey and McDyies?

1st team

Chauncey

Bogans

McDyies

Milicic

Dwight

2nd team

Arroyo

JJ

Ariza

Turk

Battie

3rd team

Diener

Bo

Garrity

Agustine

reserve

Wow! Good amount of veterans and newbies. The first two squads are very well balanced. This could be another finalist team. Now, are they available?

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

My guess would be that they want Redick. Seattle has a ton of big guys in every size and shape imaginable, if they trade Ray they will need a shooter to go with Rashard. That is just my guess.

If he is all they want, I would do that deal in a heartbeat. I like JJ a lot, but Ray and Rashard are the total package you need in a wing scorer.