Sign in to follow this  
LetsGoMagic

Trade Discussion Thread

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

What about Arroyo for Pollard & Pavlovic? we can see how they work out and if we dont like them both are expiring contracts

You may have seen my trade idea earlier! I'd like that trade. Cleveland have Pav on the market and Pollard isn't getting minutes. They seem to be after a point guard. Even if it were Dooling and Travis I think it worked.

The NY Post is hinting that Paul Pierce and Ray Allen could both be on the move. They mentioned this (I think they are way off here) because some of the Knicks players have been playing better lately and may be trade pieces.

If the Knicks pick up one of those 2 and we don't I think my head will explode. Both fit with what we need.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

The NY Post is hinting that Paul Pierce and Ray Allen could both be on the move. They mentioned this (I think they are way off here) because some of the Knicks players have been playing better lately and may be trade pieces.

If the Knicks pick up one of those 2 and we don't I think my head will explode. Both fit with what we need.

I would take either/or - I know people think Pierce is another ballhog but I disagree - he is a class player and would be a great addition to this team!

I just wanted to correct otownmagic333. Gerald Wallace could be a free agent this summer if he opts out of his contract. He has a player option for next season at $6M. My guess is that he will opt out for a longer and more lucrative deal making him a free agent this summer.

quote:
Originally posted by LJ Magic:

I just wanted to correct otownmagic333. Gerald Wallace could be a free agent this summer if he opts out of his contract. He has a player option for next season at $6M. My guess is that he will opt out for a longer and more lucrative deal making him a free agent this summer.

Now that is a player I would LOVE to see in a Magic uniform.

quote:
Originally posted by LJ Magic:

I would be ecstatic if the Magic somehow grabbed this guy. He will come cheaper than VC, and won't have the mileage. Of course, he is not the fourth quarter "go to" guy that VC is.

More and more, I'm thinking that we DO need a go to guy. Nelson could eventually be that guy, but it just isn't in the cards right now.

In the meantime, if any of these three were available to us for something not involving Howard, Nelson, Ariza or Darko, I say make it!

We need to check into these guys, but I am not willing to give up Darko for one. Better to sit tight and make a run at VC in the off-season.

I like AK-47 but he is not a big need for us at SF and a better defender than scorer, however we could offer Hill in a three way. Let Utah get Hill and the cap relief, send AK-47 to the Nets, and we get VC. Let Utah have Fran's rights to help balance the trade.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Aren't the Bobcats worried that Wallace will walk and they'll get nothing?

Well, they should be worried. But this will be Bob Johnson's first chance at having to pay big bucks to his own FA. It will be interesting to see how he handles it. So far, he hasn't given the impression that he likes to spend money.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Hey Marc, I saw something along those lines this weekend also.

Could you post the source or a link?

I have been searching for info on Ray but have come up empty.