Sign in to follow this  
LetsGoMagic

Trade Discussion Thread

the guy who broke the trade idea is now saying this on the realgm forum:

quote:
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:18 am Post subject: New Details on the J-Rich Deal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know you are were all expecting this trade to be on ESPN today but their was a problem with it that came up,im sorry I didnt post it here earlier,keeping yall on the edge of the seats.

The trade hit a snag because of Pat Garrity and his trade kicker and contract,apparently the majority Bobcats owner,right before it was sent to the league office killed the deal because he didnt want to pay the contract.

The good news is Orlando agreed to take on Othella Harrington's deal.So expect an announcement no later than Friday.

And yes Derek Anderson is going to be waived when this happen's

I also know Michael Jordan was personally involved in this deal at the end stages

I know has been saying nothing major is going to happen but what if this trade really does go down? ESPECIALLY with the showing Darko put in last night? IMO swingmen are always easier to find than skilled 7-footers. I really don't want this trade to go down if it means us giving up Darko and JJ. I rather see what we have this year and try to get someone via FA in the summer...just as planned.

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

i really like j-rich but like yall said he gets injured too much. if he didnt get injured too much ill do it

heat just signed eddie jones maybe we could trade diener for dorrel wright?? heat are desperate for a pg

Actually, this is the first year J-Rich has missed more than a few games. But I think it is still too much for him and I would like to see him come back and play before considering a deal for him. Not to mention that price is way too high.

The J-Rich thing has to be a joke. It is so illogical in so many ways.

If this happens, it is Otis's way of acknowledging that the drafting of JJ Redick was yet another huge draft mistake, and he is scrambling to save face.

The only way this remotely makes sense is if there are other deals in the works, probably using Grant's contract to bring in a quality big.

Without that being the case, this would be an absolute travesty.

Are they hoping to pair up VC and J-Rich at the 2 and 3?

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Charisma, stop it. J-Rich and VC. Can you imagine? I, too, think the whole J-Rich deal is a load of bunk.

LOL !!!

Our defense would definitely improve. These 2 guys would be stealing the ball from each other.

how bout this one guys? this would really make sense. we would send carlos to miami for dorrell wright. miami needs a point guard with payton and williams deteriorating. now that they signed eddie jones, there will be no space for wright. we could ship out carlos and pick up a nice young player. a ballhog, turnover prone, dribble the ball into the ground point guard for a young exciting, and athletic player...its steve francis for trevor all over again!!!!!!

When would he play? We have a logjam at the 2 guard and small forward as well.

there is no way the magic are going to trade carlos. He has found his place again and is playing much better. I bet you the magic re-sign him to another 4 year deal after his current contract expires next year. They need to play a fast game pace game to start winning games and he is great in the open floor, and just as a footnote-- he has one of the lowest assisst to turover ratio in the league--.

quote:
Originally posted by PREFOT:

there is no way the magic are going to trade carlos. He has found his place again and is playing much better. I bet you the magic re-sign him to another 4 year deal after his current contract expires next year. They need to play a fast game pace game to start winning games and he is great in the open floor, and just as a footnote-- he has one of the lowest assisst to turover ratio in the league--.

I agree we need to play faster but will Brian Hill allow the team to do that? Last night against the Bucks was a promising start.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

With all of our injuries at the two and three spots(dooling, hill, ariza) bringing in a young, athletic guy like wright would make a lot of sense for the Magic.

quote:
Originally posted by Scarred for Life:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

With all of our injuries at the two and three spots(dooling, hill, ariza) bringing in a young, athletic guy like wright would make a lot of sense for the Magic.

The heat would never trade Wright for Carlos straight up.