UEBERMORTAL

Is D12 the most overrated player in Magic's history?

Who's Dwight Howard? Is he with the Magic?

If not then this should be moved to off topic.

I can't imagine a discussion asking if someone is the most overrated player in the history of the Magic not belonging in the Magic forum. Call me crazy.

However, seriously, why would you (op) consider Dwight to be the most overrated player in our team's history? How about stating a position, getting a discussion going, not just "I came to this conclusion, discuss".

Not even remotely. Dwight made a middling team a defensive powerhouse and yearly contender almost single-handedly. Sure he was a drama queen, but he was also a talented drama queen.

But he's not with us anymore, so...time to move on.

I can't imagine a discussion asking if someone is the most overrated player in the history of the Magic not belonging in the Magic forum. Call me crazy.

However, seriously, why would you (op) consider Dwight to be the most overrated player in our team's history? How about stating a position, getting a discussion going, not just "I came to this conclusion, discuss".

CRAZY

Honestly, this part of the Forum should be discussing our "current" Magic players. Not ones that were here and then left... especially given the circumstances around how Dwight left the team. I really can go on for hours on end on how we should just erase this guy from our minds because he didnt accomplish anything from a team perspective and did a great job of just promoting himself while he gave us lip service about winning and what he needed.... and never placing the blame on himself... which he still does today with LA.

Screw the ratings.... no one outside of us really considered Dwight as being a supreme Center. They always thought he was tops in defense and rebounding, and always...always trashed his offensive skills.

Now Dwight is seeing less of the ball.... which is funny because I dont hear any of the Analyst who bagged on SVG for not getting Dwight the ball, bag on LA for repeating the same perceived steps. Right now Dwight is averaging around 10 shot attempts.... Where in Orlando Dwight averaged 12. The system Dwight plays in doesnt fair well for Dwight because the players that are running it are older and slower than he is. Then add the Kobe factor and you get Dwight.... the now over rated player.... which again I think we were the only ones who rated him as high.

I would love for one of stat wizards to put a stat together of how many games he won for us vs how many he lost at the line for us. I remember many games where we had a decent lead, the other team started the hack a Howard, and soon they were right back in it.

Dwight may go down as the best center the Magic ever had, but he doesn't have what it takes to be in the same sentence with Shaq, Kareem, Wilt, Russell, etc.

We went to Finals, ECF, and playoffs every year he was here but one. I would actually say he was pretty great.

Team effort..... last time I checked we had several players close out those games that lead us there.... and they werent Dwight.

The only time Dwight closes a game is by defense, nothing else..... Did everyone forget the 2009 Finals where Dwight had the biggest chance to show the world that he could put a team on his back and win in the Finals..... What happened at the free throw line...

BRICK

BRICK

Lakers close out the Magic on Orlando's home floor.

That isnt being "GREAT"