Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

NBA TV's Alaa Abdelnaby and Jason Fleming think the Magic should target "Chauncy"

Mr. Abedelnaby was doing a question and answer interview with a writer from Hoopsworld:

quote:

July 1st marks the beginning of free agent negotiations. And although free agents can't officially sign until July 11th, rumors continue to run wild about who is going where. Who do you think is the must sign free agent this summer and where does he land?

Chauncey Billups has to be attractive to a lot of teams. If Orlando truly wants to run like coach Van Gundy has stated, Billups would help a team who led the league in TO's.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_22400.shtml

The next quote was from Mr. Fleming as he was providing a list of the top 15 free agent point guards. He had Chauncy ranked number 1. If you want to see the entire list just click the link:

quote:

Mr. Abedelnaby was doing a question and answer interview with a writer from Hoopsworld:

quote:

July 1st marks the beginning of free agent negotiations. And although free agents can't officially sign until July 11th, rumors continue to run wild about who is going where. Who do you think is the must sign free agent this summer and where does he land?

Chauncey Billups has to be attractive to a lot of teams. If Orlando truly wants to run like coach Van Gundy has stated, Billups would help a team who led the league in TO's.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_22400.shtml

The next quote was from Mr. Fleming as he was providing a list of the top 15 free agent point guards. He had Chauncy ranked number 1. If you want to see the entire list just click the link:

quote:

Chauncey has said NOTHING that even remotely hints at him leaving Detroit. Actually he has made many statements that strongly hint at him wanting to stay. That, with the fact that Dumars let Ben Wallace walk last year... there is no way that Chauncey leaves Detroit.

Sure it would be nice, but so would trading for Kobe, LeBron, and Chris Bosh... Not possible.

What kinda deal are we thinkin that Chauncey wants?.... Have we heard anything oe are their any reliable "ranges" out there?

with the right moves...we can throw some money at him... we seem to have the propensity to do that of late.

also, the ole..ST Grant to pistons would be on the table...

The reports I've seen say he's gonna check his options and you never know if Detroit tries to "lowball" him what could happen. Just look at last year. Nobody thought Big Ben would leave.

Chauncy also did not play well in the post-season compared to his normal standard.

I would never say never Robo. I mean if Magic fans have over 200 posts and still growing on a Kobe Bryant thread in which we have "zero" chance of that happening you just never know about free agency.

I would be less shocked if Trevor marched out to center court, shed his skin and reveled that he was Michael Jordan circa 1991 in disguise than if we were to pick up Chauncey.

Joe D has already said he was going to do everything to keep Chauncey, I'm guessing that includes signing him to a contract that is more than we can offer. With PG's being so tough to find what on Earth could he replace Chauncey with? Even if the guy is getting older if he leaves that team, they are done, window closed immediatley do not pass go do not collect $200.

The Williams he is referring to, is he talking about Mo? If we are targeting a PG, and Mo is that efficient he would be someone we could steal away from the Bucks.

Not a huge fan of getting Mr. No Emotion Big Shot Chauncey Billups. Yes he can hit the big shot BUT all the Magic need to get is a taller PG through the draft who will cost less and shut Chauncy down. Simple.

Magic should get a tall intl. If he's young he can learn from Dooling until he's ready. We've waited 3 years to see the Kevin Garnett in Dwight and the PG in Jameer Nelson and neither have showed up yet. What's the rush to pay max for old players?

quote:
Originally posted by LilPenny3000:

Not a huge fan of getting Mr. No Emotion Big Shot Chauncey Billups. Yes he can hit the big shot BUT all the Magic need to get is a taller PG through the draft who will cost less and shut Chauncy down. Simple.

Magic should get a tall intl. If he's young he can learn from Dooling until he's ready. We've waited 3 years to see the Kevin Garnett in Dwight and the PG in Jameer Nelson and neither have showed up yet. What's the rush to pay max for old players?

First I will answer this question... They are max players for a reason. We have no more time to experiment on a second round PG. Our biggest needs are a tall PG, and someone who can take over a game at any moment. Chauncey is the only player that is a free agent that gives us both. We have waited for 7 years to win, and this is our offseason to put that final peice of the puzzle together to WIN.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I would never say never Robo. I mean if Magic fans have over 200 posts and still growing on a Kobe Bryant thread in which we have "zero" chance of that happening you just never know about free agency.

OK, I won't write Chauncey off just yet. He has always been my first option in free agency this year, but see it as highly unlikely. We'll see what happens in this crazy summer starting in 2 weeks!

chauncey would be the kind of guy that would "kill two birds with one stone"...

but getting him is even less likely than getting kobe here. needless to say, I'd be very happy if we got him

would love to see cb but it would take big money and 5 years. then you are paying to much in 3 years for a pg. i think if we could get a 3 year deal with options on 4 then go for it. upgrading this position is the most important issue after resigning darko. a great pg could put us in a championship contending position. jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

would love to see cb but it would take big money and 5 years. then you are paying to much in 3 years for a pg. i think if we could get a 3 year deal with options on 4 then go for it. upgrading this position is the most important issue after resigning darko. a great pg could put us in a championship contending position. jacklj

If upgrading PG is the way this team wants to go, then they need to wait a year and go after Arenas.

Billups is past his prime and looked it during the last two playoffs.