Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

after last night, Afflalo for anything, even Dwight would make me happy.

I'm so glad you aren't running this team. So, so glad.

• Upvote 1

If every player got traded after a bad game none of the team would be here... Truthfully though I think Afflalo may be getting shopped around by Rob to see if he'll bring back some assets and allow us to keep JJ and that may have been what was affecting him... Obviously that's just pure speculation on my part... I honestly like both guys, its just easier to root for JJ because of how long he's been here..

I will say this though... Overall Rob has a lot to think about when he looks at this team and thinks about how he wants to proceed.

JJ Redick is too good not to trade when you are rebuilding. His trade value is so high at the moment.

I love JJ as much as the next guy but his worth to this team might be more that of a trade than to keep him. Crazy to say, he's one of our franchise faces but the dude has so much worth to contending teams. Plus, I would like to see JJ ball out in the playoffs rather than stay here and waste his prime years.

espn marc stein says the celtics have very strong interest in jj

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Hearing Celts, even before season-worst 7-for-32 shooting from 15+ feet in NYK loss, have ramped up their interest in Magic's J.J. Redick.

espn marc stein says the celtics have very strong interest in jj

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Hearing Celts, even before season-worst 7-for-32 shooting from 15+ feet in NYK loss, have ramped up their interest in Magic's J.J. Redick.

What do the celtics have that may possible want? I see them helping us with a three team deal.

What do the celtics have that may possible want? I see them helping us with a three team deal.

A future unprotected 1st would be nice.

Celtics Have Increasing Interest In J.J. Redick

January 25 at 8:09am CST By Luke AdamsEven before a poor outside-shooting performance against the Knicks last night, the Celtics had "ramped up their interest" in acquiring J.J. Redick from the Magic, reports ESPN.com's Marc Stein (via Twitter). According to Stein (Twitter link), adding some frontcourt size remains Boston's top priority, but the team would also like to find a way to add Redick, if possible.

Although we heard earlier in the season that the Magic would be in no rush to trade Redick, a recent report suggested that the team would be open to making a move if it's unsure about its ability to re-sign the sharpshooter this summer. Redick, who is in the final year of his contract, has posted career-best marks of 14.9 PPG and 16.4 PER, and will reportedly be seeking a raise on this season's $6.19MM salary.

This isn't the first time we've heard about the Celtics' interest in Redick, as David Baumann of SportsTalkFlorida.com reported last week (via Twitter) that the C's "covet" the 28-year-old. In order to make any trade work financially, Boston would have to send out at least a few million in salary, and that's assuming the Magic wouldn't try to include any of their less-desirable contracts. When Darren Wolfson of 1500 ESPN Twin Cities discussed potential Timberwolves' interest in Redick three weeks ago, he noted it would take Derrick Williams and a first-round pick to get Orlando's attention, so the Duke product won't come cheap.

Chuck Myron of Hoops Rumors took an in-depth look at Redick's trade candidacy last week.