Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

Like Lamb, think Harris is in europe in a couple years, Udrih makes us watchable for a few weeks. Probably just a bigger trade trip for the future.

We still have Dwight's S/T to use in free agency.

I hated this trade at first (mostly because the Charlotte thing but I guess thats seperate and makes sense) but am still trying to look at this as building blocks for the future. It's just frustrating that we've seen Dwight, Ryan, and JJ all go without a clear cut direction or piece coming back.

I just wanted to say that this trade was garbage and I am severely disappointed. I think we need a new GM.

Unless this is sarcasm, you are in the extreme minority...not to mention, and this may be a bit harsh, no one cares

I hated this trade at first (mostly because the Charlotte thing but I guess thats seperate and makes sense) but am still trying to look at this as building blocks for the future. It's just frustrating that we've seen Dwight, Ryan, and JJ all go without a clear cut direction or piece coming back.

Yea, but what could be more clear cut than a direction of tear down, rebuild up?.

now let's go and sign that guy jj redick in the offseason

That is not out of the question. If we can trade afflalo in the offseason, im sure we cam give JJ a similar contract.

However, I dont think henne will do that as a respect to the bucks GM.

That is not out of the question. If we can trade afflalo in the offseason, im sure we cam give JJ a similar contract.

However, I dont think henne will do that as a respect to the bucks GM.

We're moving forward with young players, folks. We're not going to sign a 30 year old SG for $7-8M annually on a 4 year contract. We are rebuilding.

Wave goodbye to JJ. He's gone.

Like Lamb, think Harris is in europe in a couple years, Udrih makes us watchable for a few weeks. Probably just a bigger trade trip for the future.

We still have Dwight's S/T to use in free agency.

If you really can't see the direction, then go look up the 2014 free agents and draft prospects.

That might help.

• Upvote 2

We're moving forward with young players, folks. We're not going to sign a 30 year old SG for $7-8M annually on a 4 year contract. We are rebuilding.

Wave goodbye to JJ. He's gone.

Not true. Dont expect for us to continue signing young players for years to come.

Expect a few veteran signing either this summer or next year. The team wants to be a contender again in 2 years.

Dont expect for us to be the bobcats.

Jec saying fringe all star made me cry.

Fringe as in it would be an extreme circumstance. Look at some of the people who have been selected as All Stars, like Mehmet Okur, Jameer Nelson and P.J. Brown.

Looking at it now, even that might be much to say about JJ. I more took exception for Miller calling him a role player. He's certainly a very good role player capable of putting together great games. Semantics I suppose. By no means am I defending critics of the trade.

At the end of the day, JJ is 29 and was not a part of this franchise's future going forward. We're gonna try to be contenders in 2-3 years. By that time, JJ will be past his prime and would have been on an annoying contract that could have handicapped what we're trying to do. I'm glad were just stock piling young talent on cheap contracts. It makes it easier to keep the great cheap talent, waive the others, and sign 2 max FA's when our payroll allows it.

Heck, if any of these guys turns out to be an All-Star anyway, or if any of our future draft picks pan out, we'll have our own big 3, with one of them being on a cheap(er) contract.

Not true. Dont expect for us to continue signing young players for years to come.

Expect a few veteran signing either this summer or next year. The team wants to be a contender again in 2 years.

Dont expect for us to be the bobcats.

You're missing the point...

Someone earlier on this forum said they saw Doron Lamb as a "Jason Terry" type player, and the more film I watch on him the more I agree. That kid can shoot lights out, not an exceptional athlete, but a pure shooter. ie jason terry

As far as Harris, he's tougher to find a player comparison but I disagree with the notion that he will be in Europe in a couple of years. I think he will surprise some "upset" fans. There is nothing sexy about his play, but he can make things happen. I see some good versatility with him, player both SF/PF (given the matchup).

This to me was a GREAT move by Henny and the Orlando Magic organization, and if I need to go into my reasoning as to why than it's probably not worth it because you don't know much about basketball and how rebuilding works.

One last thing, I for one CAN"T WAIT to watch our young guys get some burn. No we aren't going to win many games at all but show this season ticket holder good effort and hustle every night and you won't hear me complaining.

Go Magic.

• Upvote 3