Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

You think he can go from 12pts a game to 20? who is calling who delusional?

You're something else bro. How is 20/15 delusional? You act like I said he'll be averaging 30/20 a game. He's already at 12/11 in his first year as a starter and 3RD IN THE NBA with 29 double-doubles. Did you see any of this coming when we got him? 20/12 is not that far out of reach when he improves his game. I can't see him ever being a game changed on defense but his offense is pretty impressive so far and like someone mentioned, his 12-15 ft jumper is becoming more consistent. He may not get there next year but I see him averaging at least 20/15 a game by the time he's 25-26 yrs of age.

Brook Lopez.

If Lopez can be an All Star, Vuc could be one day.

I agree with Cutestory. I don't think would need to average 20ppg to become an allstar though, just to 17-18 or so and thats very doable for him. All he needs to do is lead the league in rebounding. With Dwight on the decline he has beatable competition out there for that title...especially with Noel gone now. I could have seen him averaging 10rebs/game as a rookie much like Dwight.

15 boards a game is really hard to average, Vucevic will probably not improve his rebounding much from where he is now.

What do you mean by where he is now? His average of 11.5 boards a game? The reason why I asked is because is rebounding (and scoring) have gone up each month this season: Nov:9.5 ppg/7.9rbg Dec: 12.1/12.8 Jan 14.4/12.9 Feb 15.1/13.3.

You're something else bro. How is 20/15 delusional? You act like I said he'll be averaging 30/20 a game. He's already at 12/11 in his first year as a starter and 3RD IN THE NBA with 29 double-doubles. Did you see any of this coming when we got him? 20/12 is not that far out of reach when he improves his game. I can't see him ever being a game changed on defense but his offense is pretty impressive so far and like someone mentioned, his 12-15 ft jumper is becoming more consistent. He may not get there next year but I see him averaging at least 20/15 a game by the time he's 25-26 yrs of age.

you know how many times he's scored 20+ points this season, after 53 games?

Only four times.

And here you are telling us he can average 20. Can you even name a player that has ever had such a huge jump in scoring?

I'll make this really really easy for you. Brook Lopez's scoring jumped from 13/gm to 18/gm rookie->sophomore. Do you think Vucevic has a better offensive game than him?

Vucevic is 8th on the team in USG% and he should take a few more shots as he's one of the few guys we have who can score at average efficiency.

I don't think it's inconceivable that he could average 20 ppg in a few years but unless he can get more free throws it'll only be at a mildly efficient rate

Looks like Bledsoe would bring a better return than JJ

Quote:

"It occurs to me that some of those names are probably easy enough to dismiss straight off the cuff -- Millsap for one just doesn't make sense because the Clippers would be trading one positional redundancy (Chris Paul and Bledsoe) for another (Blake Griffin and Millsap) and they don't want to have to pay Millsap starter money to be a backup when he's a free agent this summer any more than they want to do that for Bledsoe the following summer."

http://www.clipsnation.com/2013/2/17/3998546/nba-trade-rumors-eric-bledsoe-la-clippers-garnett-millsap

If not more the guy gets like 6 points a game just on offensive rebounds, if he could get sent to the line consistently 20pts wouldn't be far fetched.

Problem with this is that he plays for the Magic. Go to the line? Naaaahhhh.

Vuch averaging 20 ppg does not seem that crazy to me. 17 -18 seems more likely though unless he learns to get the free throw line more. He is not that involved in the offense now and is get 12. 15 boards a game, just dont see that. I could see him getting 13.5 a game in a few years. He's got to put some muscle on though. With regards to trading him, just dont see that happening since he is one of the pieces that the Magic can build around. IMO, he is currently the best of the young guys. Yes his D needs work, but adding some muscle in the offseason should help along with good training. The Magic can win with him as a starter so long as they find a star PG or SG.

Not saying anything is going to happen, and we all knew Dwight was getting dealt (atleast the sane folks), but Hennigan and company made that trade out of nowhere.

Agreed. I feel the same way, I feel like I'm going to wake up and see that Redick is traded just like the Dwight trade.