Orlando Magic Toaster

Is Anyone else enjoying watching the Lakers?

And it just keeps getting better:

"but for me, Howard's decline from "third-best player in basketball" to "borderline All-Star" (which is what you called him in Tuesday's All-Star ballot column, and by the way, I totally agree) has been the single most staggering subplot."

Story Line

Favorite Line:

"Simmons: Hold on, we have to wait for the Orlando Magic fans to stop high-fiving."

• Upvote 1

And it just keeps getting better:

"but for me, Howard's decline from "third-best player in basketball" to "borderline All-Star" (which is what you called him in Tuesday's All-Star ballot column, and by the way, I totally agree) has been the single most staggering subplot."

Story Line

Favorite Line:

"Simmons: Hold on, we have to wait for the Orlando Magic fans to stop high-fiving."

This is my favorite:

Simmons: I'm glad we finally got to Pau. Here's a good rule of thumb: If you're a professional basketball coach and your system is telling you, "I should play Earl Clark more than Pau Gasol," you need a new system.

This has been a very enjoyable read lol... Two guys just bashing on the Lakers for a while.

It's not out of the realm of possibility. They went 17-24 for the first half, so they only need to win 7 more games in the second half of the season for a chance at the playoffs. Houston is hovering right around .500, so it's reasonable to assume that they could remain there, or even dip down a little by the end of the season. Also, consider that the Lakers have had one of the tougher schedules so far (top 7 in terms of SOS), and have nearly leveled out their early heavy home schedule as well.

If funny because they have the record they have despite being a loaded team. Looking at how they cannot stop anyone and have a coach that is not exactly known for great defensive, I am now believing they will not make the playoffs.

This has me laughing:

Simmons: This is just one of many reasons why I don't see Dwight going into coaching after he retires. Acting, yes. Infomercials, yes. Professional wrestling, yes. Joining the cast of Sesame Street, yes. Coaching, no.

This thread is a nice guilty pleasure...

And yet he's got not one but two star centers to work with. One of them, Howard, isn't just on a different page than Nash, he seems to be reading an entirely different book.

"You forget he's only 27," Nash says. "He's trying to figure it out. Figure himself out."

If that sounds like a veiled way to say Howard is immature, that's the vibe you get from other Lakers players, too. As one Lakers staff member said, off the record, "You can't come into a locker room where Kobe is pretty quiet, Nash is pretty quiet, Gasol is pretty quiet, and never shut up. The guy never stops talking."

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8880530/steve-nash-lakers-struggling

• Upvote 2