Sign in to follow this  
blueandwhiteunite

Predicting the rest of the season

I say we end up somewhere around .500. No way we make the playoffs, but our team isn't as horrible as I thought it was going to be. Even so, I wouldn't be surprised if we only won 30 games.

Somewhere around .500 makes the playoffs in the East most years I thought. I doubt we get that close though.

I predicted 20 wins early in the season. IF Nelson stays healthy, this team could scrape 30 wins out of the season, which would likely be good enough to get 2 or 3 ping pong balls. However, since we all know Nelson will miss some more games, I am going with 20 to 25 wins.

http://espn.go.com/n...ger/playoffodds

Hollinger predicts 36-46 based on the first 20 games.

That's not a firm prediction. It's a computer generated set of results based on a huge number of simulations averaged out. The computer recalculates every night meaning that even though we haven't played a game since you posted this, the prediction is now 35-47 and, seeing as how it works on Hollinger's Power Rankings could change at any time. Hollinger's power rankings seem affected greatly by average scoring margin hence why the 7-13 Bobcats are predicted to finish last overall again. (Huge losses to OKC etc) And the Lakers still have nearly a 50% chance of making the playoffs.

The computer currently gives us a 30% chance of making the playoffs and a 0.4% chance of making the finals which is interesting.

That's not a firm prediction. It's a computer generated set of results based on a huge number of simulations averaged out. The computer recalculates every night meaning that even though we haven't played a game since you posted this, the prediction is now 35-47 and, seeing as how it works on Hollinger's Power Rankings could change at any time. Hollinger's power rankings seem affected greatly by average scoring margin hence why the 7-13 Bobcats are predicted to finish last overall again. (Huge losses to OKC etc) And the Lakers still have nearly a 50% chance of making the playoffs.

The computer currently gives us a 30% chance of making the playoffs and a 0.4% chance of making the finals which is interesting.

Things are looking even better lately.

Updated rankings by Hollinger:

Magic get 8 spot in east: 41W - 41 L

Making playoffs: 71%

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

Things are looking even better lately.

Updated rankings by Hollinger:

Magic get 8 spot in east: 41W - 41 L

Making playoffs: 71%

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

If we can get playoffs that would be amazing be such an achievement for Jacque and the rookies... Likelyhood is that we miss out by one place...

Tied 2nd best last 10 record in the east id take that... Next 5 games before heat we could easily get 3 or 4 wins on that...

Just going to be interesting to see what happens when Turk comes back and how that will affect the team